..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Graphics stretch issue with latest nVidia drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
(05-23-2015, 09:01 AM)Devina Wrote: [ -> ]It works, but then again, the previous Nvidia Hack already worked before.
(05-23-2015, 09:04 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly this is different than the old hack...I mean,I never used it to begin with and I don't know how to determine if this one is better than the old one.
Does the old one have some negative side or\and don't work somewhere?

The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night is at least one game that the nVidia hack did not fix, at least in DX11 mode. (Apparently it did fix it in DX9 mode, but in DX11 mode it would still stretch out of the window bounds.)

This plugin, however, does fix it in DX11 mode.
(05-23-2015, 09:01 AM)Devina Wrote: [ -> ]It works, but then again, the previous Nvidia Hack already worked before.
the old hack didn't work for everything, as said above.

(05-23-2015, 09:04 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly this is different than the old hack...I mean,I never used it to begin with and I don't know how to determine if this one is better than the old one.
Does the old one have some negative side or\and don't work somewhere?

The old hack "worked" by modifying some verticles before they were stretched by dx, for some reason this worked, I still don't know why, the new hack makes sure it just passes through the geometry shader, even though it doesn't do anything and it seems to get around the bug completely. I guess nvidia didn't expect people to use dx11 and bypass one of its new features. (although we use it on and off in gsdx)

But my aim is to make this a permanent change rather than a hack, which is why I want amd users to test it too
Good finding!
Nvidia might want to know about this as well, so they can finally fix it on their end.
Well, I think we'd have to knock up a test program first before they would touch it, which means replicating the exact pipeline state, programs and co-ordinates going through
just notice this was taged for sticky, also notice there new test build, I tested it with VP2 intro video dont zoom and the menu dont zoom either. This is with 350.12 drivers

as for what vsub asked I know of no side effects other then it it either stops the zooming effect or it dont, then again VP2 only game i have i need this with

(05-24-2015, 12:36 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Good finding!
Nvidia might want to know about this as well, so they can finally fix it on their end.

Nvidia dont care unless it can be show to happen on pc games, and i pretty sure refraction seeing I belive it him that made account there ask them to contact so they could find way to get this solved tried few times to get in touch with nvidia to find way to get this solved, and nvidia pretty wanted nothing to do with it as far as i am aware, and after year of me reportings in countless drivers thread i to gave up trying. Your welcome to try to get nvidia to give damn.

To this date Swtor Loading menu are only PC game I ever seen have this issue and to this date it is still beyond RARE and when it does happen which again beyond rare it happens once for 1 second. and by this beyond rare I mean it could go months and not happen. AS such I stopped trying to capture that with video, I think at one point some one reported this was happening in SFIV for PC on STEAM which buried some place in this thread, but stopped so it probably got patched by capcom

And like said in earlier post, the bug dont happen in DX11 if the game uses "progressive (frame)" which results inthe nvidia hacked not needing to be checked it only seem to happen in games that are "interlaced (Frame)"
Yeah it's some weird problem with stretching rectangles when interlaced, but if this works in happy, I just need to know it doesn't upset any amd cards or other games, confirmation of it fixing games the old nvidia hack didn't would be awesome
Im all for this, cause for people that tired to get nvidia to acknowledged, know nvidia dont care and wont fix, short of some random change fix it like it broke it. every time i change video drivers first thing i try is to see if is fixed this issue. not my pc game and if it make them better or worse, i test this issue lol
hasn't caused any issues on my intel igpu or my gtx 650. It all seems good
Cool, I might finish this off when i get back home then Smile
out of curiosity how hard would it be to get the hack to be applied automatically as needed? like some other hacks? gathering it would need to have crc list of games it happens in and if it only needs list of CRC for games that is happens and make list to auto apply maybe we should start list of game it happens in?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40