..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Menu and Text will not show up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
What I did was to update kernel, xorg and mesa. Xorg and Mesa updated by ppa from xorg-edgers, how do I reinstall the drivers?
I was running PCSX2 1.1.0.0 (svn) Oct 27 2013, do you think newer builds could have solved the issue?
Thanks.
the others guy got an nvidia driver so it is not the same issue. Which system do you use? Maybe newer build can help but it is unlikely.
In this case, I tested in two notebooks, a Intel Celeron 847 with its sandybridge graphics and a Itel Core 2 Duo with a intel GM45, both 4GB of RAM.
Is it the hardware what I have to upgrade? I know it is the processor to get full speed, but I ask about the intel graphic solution to get full graphics.
Thanks.
GM45 don't properly support openGL (it is mainly a 2d chip with limited 3D capabilities). SB must work better at least with the latest mesa.
(12-31-2013, 12:57 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]GM45 don't properly support openGL

Actually, it does. Feature-wise it's pretty much the same as gen5 (Ironlake) and supports up to OpenGL 3.0 if we ignore the lack of multisampling. Not everything is implemented, so the driver advertises only OpenGL 2.1

ZZOgl should work on GM45, but the hardware isn't very fast, so I doubt playable frame-rates are possible. Maybe GSdx would work too if you set MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0 and MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=130. Hmm, I have Ironlake, I should test that Smile
GSdx use several 3.0+ extensions like UBO 3.1, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended 3.3 and so on. Anyway test are welcome.

ZZogl only uses a couple of standard gl3.0 so I would expect it to work (however it need float texture).
I tested in my GM45 system adding these lines to the GSdx.ini and I got the same error message running GSdx (GCC 4.8.1, SSE2) 0.1.16 [libGSdx-0.1.16] in the Oct 27 2013 build.
Code:
override_GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects = 0
override_geometry_shader = 0
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE = 3.0
MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE = 130

With ZZ Ogl PG 0.4.0 [libzzogl-0.4.0] the text and menu graphics are all broken full of artifacts, but the 3D backgrounds and videos are well displayed, frame rate is playable and in this case the game board-display shows lines for the squares outlines, where the squares themselves are the same dark square with no drawing on it.
I'm not surprised of GSdx status if you look here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/intel_extensions.c

You will see that ironlake (gen5) miss the support of various extensions (in particular ctx->Extensions.ARB_uniform_buffer_object)
Those mesa override settings aren't for gsdx.ini, they're environment variables.

And I thought 3.0 is enough for GSdx in EGL mode, that only GLX mode requires 3.3. Does even EGL mode require uniform_buffer_object and other 3.0+ extensions?
Yes I know! Extension requirement are the same for both GLX and EGL. GLX/EGL just tell in which "window" you must draw the command. They got no impact on the rendering (at least from a 3d point of view).
The initial requirement of GSdx was 3.3 + GL4 extensions. But I wanted to test it on Mesa so I reduce the requirement to GL3.0 + lots of GL3+ extensions but I didn't update the code to require those 3.x extensions at the startup. Normally GSdx must exit if gl version is 2.1. If you don't cheat Wink, Mesa 3.0 is enough because I know they come with all others GL3 extensions.

@Musten, Gusar
Can you copy/paste the terminal output of GM45 system without the mesa override.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13