..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dark Cloud 2 Playability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
IMO there is no problem using an adapter IF you have enough watts on your PSU.
(01-30-2014, 11:29 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]IMO there is no problem using an adapter IF you have enough watts on your PSU.

You also gotta make sure the sata connector can deliver enough amps fof the GPU.
(01-30-2014, 11:05 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]He is right, you can use an adapter but it's generally not a good idea to do it like that and I personally wouldn't. How many watts is your PSU?

That's true, sorry it's been such a long time replying, been very busy with real life stuff and such. I STILL have not got my graphics card yet, which is really annoying and seems like my boss is playing me. A couple more weeks and I'll be out the door. Either way, my power supply is 350W. Hope that helps. I should be back soon.
(02-08-2014, 05:29 PM)MrKalius Wrote: [ -> ]That's true, sorry it's been such a long time replying, been very busy with real life stuff and such. I STILL have not got my graphics card yet, which is really annoying and seems like my boss is playing me. A couple more weeks and I'll be out the door. Either way, my power supply is 350W. Hope that helps. I should be back soon.

You will need a bigger power supply. 350W won't cut it.
Yeah, it's never good to run a PSU at 100% load.
Hey guys. Sorry It's been a while. I've been pretty busy. My graphics card arrived today (Woopee!) and I've only had time to check it out. The card was so well packaged that I decided not to open it just yet. Amfg, but I'm sure it's awesome. I should start looking at a motherboard before I get some RAM? I was told I could get pretty much any DDR3 RAM as long as it's not server or laptop RAM. I was thinking about getting that first just so I could get it out the way, but then there is other things like pin amounts and such. What'dya think? Ram or Mobo next?

(02-08-2014, 05:42 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's never good to run a PSU at 100% load.

I've decided that I'm going to get another PSU. I had some ideas as to what one I would be getting, but I don't think that would cut it now, since I'll be getting such a powerful processor (i5). Any reconsiderations on processors? I hear many of them are dirt cheap, and you can get a decent one for about $30. Same with a cooler.
(02-20-2014, 06:42 PM)MrKalius Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. Sorry It's been a while. I've been pretty busy. My graphics card arrived today (Woopee!) and I've only had time to check it out. The card was so well packaged that I decided not to open it just yet. Amfg, but I'm sure it's awesome. I should start looking at a motherboard before I get some RAM? I was told I could get pretty much any DDR3 RAM as long as it's not server or laptop RAM. I was thinking about getting that first just so I could get it out the way, but then there is other things like pin amounts and such. What'dya think? Ram or Mobo next?

I've decided that I'm going to get another PSU. I had some ideas as to what one I would be getting, but I don't think that would cut it now, since I'll be getting such a powerful processor (i5). Any reconsiderations on processors? I hear many of them are dirt cheap, and you can get a decent one for about $30. Same with a cooler.

Intel processors are very power efficient. Don't worry too much.

Doesn't matter which one you get next really. Mobo I guess.
A good 500W psu can be had for $50-60.
Hey Guys, sorry it's been a long long time. It's taking me a very long time in order to get the money in order to get the parts! It's so expensive when getting these parts. Tongue My motherboard should be coming very soon (at the end of this week I hope) You can check it here.

One thing I was wondering about is RAM. I know that there are three types of RAM that you can get. Computer, Laptop and Server. Obviously the one I'm wanting to get is Computer Ram. I'm wanting to get about 8GB (2 4GB sticks, leaving 2 empty slots for upgrading at a later date) Does anyone have any recommendations? I also have that graphics card, AMD Radeon HD7870 2GB, which is DDR5. I was also hoping to get DDR5 Ram, which will be about £50 for each 4GB stick (totalling £100).

I'm sorry if I've broken any rules by bumping an old topic, but this holds all of the information that I could possibly need, and this post should be up for a quite a while. Thanks again guys moving (very) slowly, but getting there! Laugh
You're back. They don't make DDR5 yet. What graphics cards have is GDDR5.

I would just get some Corsair Vengeance RAM at 1600mhz. It's a good idea to get a 2x4GB kit so you can run it in dual channel for a bit more speed.

Also it's your thread so don't worry about bumping it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16