..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GOW 2 slow as hell in GSdx SOFTWARE mode.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(02-26-2009, 02:40 AM)Gentleman Wrote: [ -> ]Are u using VU skip or something? I must be doing something wrong in here. Can u post your settings, please? Smile

yes, i did use VU skip, got additional 4-5fps with it and couldnt see any artefacts.
I can post the options later, dont have access to pcsx2 here. Just turn every "speed-up" option on, i didnt follow any special guides to do it.

fps wasn't stable, i did see it go from 23 to sometimes (rarely) as high as 40. And i didnt play long, it crashed pretty quickly.
Weird! It doesn't crash here.... Damn... I want 40 fps Wink

EDIT:
Hahaha! How about this! Anyway it's unplayable using VU skip, the game indeed crashes like hell, and it also hic like a drunk:

66FPS
[attachment=13423]
(02-26-2009, 01:48 PM)Gentleman Wrote: [ -> ]Weird! It doesn't crash here.... Damn... I want 40 fps Wink

EDIT:
Hahaha! How about this! Anyway it's unplayable using VU skip, the game indeed crashes like hell, and it also hic like a drunk:

66FPS

Perhaps try the INTC hack?

I have had moderate speedboosts by compiling PCSX2 / GSDX / SPU2-X with ICC and full SSSE3 optimizations enabled, too. Of course this means it doesn't work on any AMD hardware but that shouldn't matter for Intel CPU users.
Ok I found a way to use VU Skip without crashing the emulator, just follow the pics:

[attachment=13434]

[attachment=13435]
Note: If you use cycles higher than 1.5 the game will crash with VU skip.

[attachment=13443]

50 FPS average
[attachment=13436]

[attachment=13444]

PS:- Remember this is VU Skip. The game will run at 50 fps average, but it is very weird... :lol: Enjoy....................... (Still, it would be best to play it in hardware mode without the green screen and without VU skip Smile)
I'm using r482 (13-02-2009) because it more stable in GoW with "Use x3 Cycle Rate" speed hack unlike latest builds.
Ok but, without VU skip, x2 and x3 hacks are pretty stable in the current SVN Smile
Gentleman~Cool

thank you very much~!

you're so nice~!
i still get 10->15 fps in games Sad(
@Gentleman

I'm not using VU-Skip. Only FPS limit at 70.

and look this:

9600GT: 57,6 GB/s

8800 GTS: 62,08 GB/s

And i'm using a Core 2 Extreme, and you a Core 2 Duo E8400.
Kain the difference could be because I'm using a Pal version and you are using a NTSC version... It's not likely but, what the hell, who knows?? There isn't other explanation for this Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7