..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Linux Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Hum, which things do you want to remove?
I was thinking about sticking std::thread and std::mutex straight into GSWorker instead of going through IGSThread and IGSLock.
No don't do that! I really want to keep all thread API (win, pthread and std) for the moment. Std::thread is not supported yet on all platform. It won't kill perf anyway.
OK, understood. You want me to just comment out the pthread stuff then? Or set up a third #ifdef block?
Add "ENABLE_STD_THREAD" in plugins/GSdx/config.h. Then ifdef the new/old code.
ok, I have written an alternate GSJobQueue. It seems to be working well. I will send a pull request.
And by "well" I mean it is functional Cool

Whether it is "optimal" is yet to be determined
(04-23-2014, 08:55 PM)krysto Wrote: [ -> ]Now that PCSX2 is on Github, I'm doing some work on the wiki:

https://github.com/ahtruex/pcsx2/wiki

Thanks for your work! Smile
I put comment on github. By the way if you have some time to roughly benchmark it, it would be nice Smile
After a brief benchmark unfortunately I have to report that with my new code we are actually at a slight performance loss Sad

Though as discussed on github I will go through and replace all the GS wrappers instead of just the jobqueue. This was mostly just a warm-up exercise to get comfortable working with the GSdx source.

However I have been reading on some forums that std::thread is just a wrapper for posix/win thread. If this is true, that would be a real shame, as pthread is already as close to the metal as we can get.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16