..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 development plan,thoughts,contributions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Girls/guys, any chance you could take the discussion of how everyone tracks us on the internet to another thread? I'm sure there are reasonable solutions for that for those who care a lot, as well as joining EFF and be proactive in general.

But it's unrelated to PCSX2 development plans.
Further that discussion here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Informati...has-on-you

And I highly recommend you at least read my first post, and view google's advertising profile on you.
(07-12-2014, 12:58 PM)avih Wrote: [ -> ]Our partnership with AVG ended before this discussion started. We've known when we partnered with them that it's gonna be a short stint, because they told us so (though they couldn't say exactly when it would happen). We think this is due to MS and Google recent war on the toolbar business, which we do think is a good war. So about 2 month ago IIRC AVG told us that they will not be able to continue.
So you either don't give a ***** about your users and this project and gave out ad/spy/malware for the last 2 months for zero reason, and were too incompetent/stupid to make a new installer even after developers who'd showed interest for the project asked you to remove it or you're a lying sack of *****. So what is it, incompetent idiot (which doesn't seem too far off), or liar? Either way, you handled this in just about the absolute worst way possible.
(07-12-2014, 12:58 PM)avih Wrote: [ -> ]We defend our right to bundle software
And after this whole thing, you probably shouldn't bother.
While you are fully allowed to express your opinion, flaming will not be tolerated. Please tone it down a bit.
I also wanted to say bravo at linking my post on reddit and trying to make other PCSX2 people look bad because I was honest. That's real mature guys. You know, whether PCSX2 team is ultimately in the right or wrong, you guys have made yourselves look like completely immature little children with your reaction, your refusal to concede a single point, your flaming, accusations, personal attacks on us, etc.

Now, I know not everyone was like that. But those of you who were are well aware of it. This whole thing makes the entire community look bad. The very community you say you were trying to defend and improve. So bravo for that too.
Yeah, I wasn't too impressed by the maturity displayed by anyone. Blyss and NarooN were the most reasonable people in this thread. I've tried to stay out of this thread to prevent myself from flaming, but I had to post this. Honestly you guys have done a great job at making me lose respect for all of you as devs. If I were a new dev I wouldn't bother helping dolphin or pcsx2 at this point.
I just wanted to mention that I think it's hilarious that the new PCSX2 flaming post on reddit uses my avatar as the link picture.
(07-13-2014, 05:01 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I also wanted to say bravo at linking my post on reddit and trying to make other PCSX2 people look bad because I was honest. That's real mature guys. You know, whether PCSX2 team is ultimately in the right or wrong, you guys have made yourselves look like completely immature little children with your reaction, your refusal to concede a single point, your flaming, accusations, personal attacks on us, etc.

Now, I know not everyone was like that. But those of you who were are well aware of it. This whole thing makes the entire community look bad. The very community you say you were trying to defend and improve. So bravo for that too.

I think this entire ordeal has officially gone well beyond the point of absurdity. First the dolphin guys come here to wage a holy war for no apparent reason other than boredom, solidifying their sociopathic mindset for certain. Then the bait discussion quickly devolved into an ethical flame-war about the toolbar, which in itself "evolved" into several other topics which were branched off into new topics because of the huge cluster**** that the original discussion was.

Now after that died down, this topic turned into a flame-fest, and now, NOW someone thought it wasn't enough, and they posted it on Reddit? This only tells me one thing: this emu community is absolute trash. Nothing but garbage, because apparently while everyone was busy fapping to octopus pr0n, massaging their egos, they forgot the big picture: it's not about pcsx2 vs. dolphin, it's about the emu community in general.

I say this because I agree with what Nobbs said: both the pcsx2 devs AND the dolphin guys made EVERYONE look bad in this ridiculously childish fight. It was nothing more than an embarrassing pissing match, self-entitled children flinging dirt and rocks at each other while taking refuge behind their crudely-built sand castles of excuses and self-righteousness. I don't want to call anyone out here, but from what I've observed, JMC was virtually the only dolphin guy who was even remotely reasonable throughout all this, and for that I am grateful. I think I saw several others who were reasonable as well, and hats off to the ones who didn't just mindlessly flame.

One of the main problems was the manner in which everyone "discussed" their grievances. I don't care how emotional anyone was, people are at (or at least should be by now) the mental age where they should be able to put rationality and calmness ahead of silly impulsive sputtering. A lot of the butthurt would've been avoided had people refrained from the outright flaming instead (and yes, there was flaming, and I've seen several of the culprits deny it, but you all are guilty and you damn-well know who you are, on both "sides".)

Where did anyone get off on this nonsense? What was really achieved? I haven't seen the Reddit post, and I don't think I want to, as I generally avoid that site because it's one of those places that immature manchildren love to stay at, but it's not as bad as 4chan or anything (which honestly says a lot about the person who posted it there). But the simple fact that someone had the gall to post it there only proves that the modus operandi for these "discussions" was nothing more than some stupid attempt to continue waging this "emu war" that was recently launched, and frankly, that's just f***** stupid.

It's funny to think about how much progress could be made if, rather than everyone acting like kids, everyone realized the real big picture: that we're all the same, or at least we're supposed to be -- a group of people who are passionate about emulation and gaming (and to others, coding.) But when people deliberately and/or subconsciously obfuscate that and devolve it into a war of semantics and mud-flinging, it just makes EVERYONE look bad in the end.

I really am making this post because I'm outright disappointed in the community as a whole. Stupid crap like this shouldn't even happen, period. This place is usually a pretty chilled-out, laid-back place with no real nonsense, and I just hate that this balance has been ruined because of drama-queens who just wanted to see some BS happen. I don't care if I get banned or whatever, if that happens, so be it. But all I will know is that if this nonsense doesn't come to an end soon, both the PCSX2 and the Dolphin communities can simply f*** right off. Thanks for reading.
I think a lot of people probably feel that way NarooN. This has just been an insane mess. The only wish I have left is that it ends while there is still something left to call home.
(07-13-2014, 05:56 AM)NarooN Wrote: [ -> ]solidifying their sociopathic mindset
This is impressive hyperbole.

(07-13-2014, 05:56 AM)NarooN Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't seen the Reddit post, and I don't think I want to
You really don't. It's more unnecessary *****.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17