..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Improve FFX performance on my tablet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(08-03-2014, 07:53 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]well since not many people actually using a tablet not much people would be able to help you, it is known that Final Fantasy X can run on slower devices, but since there is not anyone here that uses a tablet with a PS2 emulator that I know off you might be out of luck, besides as far as I know did the PCSX2 never made a PS2 emulator team for tablets/Android/iOS or windows mobile, I just also read that you have slowdowns with some spells, it is known that the Demi and Fire spells can cause some desktops even to a crawl, you can't do much about that besides getting a faster device.

I'm not asking for tablet specific help though. It runs just like a normal computer, anything you've done to improve your FPS will help me as well.

Thanks for mentioning that demi etc causes slowdowns and I guess that can't be changed, but I'm still interested in any possible improvements.

If anyone has ever used PCSX2 and changed a setting and gained 3fps, thats what I want to know because I only need a few FPS to make things near perfect.

(08-03-2014, 07:55 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't get 4500 posts and 74 rep by trolling. Here's a tip. Lose the attitude. You're just pissing people off now.

I started a thread to ask for suggestions... and all I've had in this thread is people to telling me to give up and that its impossible.

Again I ask among the other questions, can an older pcsx2 version improve performance?
(08-03-2014, 07:58 AM)samfisher5986 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not asking for tablet specific help though. It runs just like a normal computer, anything you've done to improve your FPS will help me as well.

Thanks for mentioning that demi etc causes slowdowns and I guess that can't be changed, but I'm still interested in any possible improvements.

If anyone has ever used PCSX2 and changed a setting and gained 3fps, thats what I want to know because I only need a few FPS to make things near perfect.

I started a thread to ask for suggestions... and all I've had in this thread is people to telling me to give up and that its impossible.

Again I ask among the other questions, can an older pcsx2 version improve performance?
Maybe, but we don't support those builds. And I'm saying what I am because I don't sugar coat stuff.
keep in mind that some speedhacks will give a false fps reading, atleast you have a quad core so you should get some performance by enabling MTVU, but like others said you are quite pushing it to the limit with what your tablet can handle. FFX is a very light game with some area's or spells like you already stated, but this might be actually the best your device can do.
(08-03-2014, 08:03 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]keep in mind that some speedhacks will give a false fps reading, atleast you have a quad core so you should get some performance by enabling MTVU, but like others said you are quite pushing it to the limit with what your tablet can handle. FFX is a very light game with some area's or spells like you already stated, but this might be actually the best your device can do.

Compared to my desktop it's the same so my fps is correct. I have mtvu enabled I just assumed there was more I could do.

(08-03-2014, 08:02 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe, but we don't support those builds. And I'm saying what I am because I don't sugar coat stuff.

I don't understand I'm using the same build as everyone else.
You said you wanted to use an old build. We don't provide support for those.
(08-03-2014, 08:12 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]You said you wanted to use an old build. We don't provide support for those.

Ok but you as a person, have you seen any evidence that older builds had a FPS benefit?

I don't need support on it.

Also as I asked in my original post.

Does changing the EE/IOP or VU settings do anything? such as clamp etc

And do custom configs like in tsunami2311's signature worth trying? I would assume any settings worth changing are in the pcsx2 settings.

Also the frame skipping is a little confusing, is there a method of using this to improve performance in those slowdown areas for example demi? I'm pretty sure its just an activated turbo function but I'm not 100% sure.
Leave the PCSX2 settings alone, especially clamping and round modes, as they affect the game logic.
The slowdowns you get are probably in GS limited scenes, so check if different GSdx settings help.
Nobbs66: Leave the poor guy alone please Tongue2
thanks rama i'll give it a go Smile
my new favorite thread. I pretty sure my year old 8400e and 9600gtx where and astill are more power full then most tablets that had no issue with FFX@ 1080p with 4x MSAA or doing custom res of 2k.

Yet the tablet has issues. you are limited by the power of the tablet simple as that.
Changing VU/EE hack may help speed it will also BREAK things report false FPS which some people who dont read come here and report as bugs.

PCSX2 can and will overhear laptops which do have fans Throttle them as well. A tablet has NO fan there for PCSX2 is last thing i would run tablet cause that will overheat and throttle specially if you have issue with performance.

While there are possible tablets that cant run pcsx2 games most can not, i just saying you lucky you get what you get special if you have issue with FFX ... The link in my sig may help may or maynot help. its not magically gonna make things run full speed, and if you have issues with FFX which one lest demanding ps2 games you will have zero chance with anything else most like.
If there is still interest:

Use a stable release instead of a GIT/SVN version. You will get a small performance increase.

Let it run from ISO not directly from the DVD and put it on your fastest HD (if you have several).

If you test the following settings always test them one-by-one and put it back to default if it didn't help.

Changing rounding and clamping modes can break the game but you can still try it.
Especially Clamping: None seems to increase fps if you are CPU limited. Nearest would be the corresponding value for Rounding. I would leave rounding as it is and use only clamping: none if it helps. If these settings don't break your game instantly it can happen that they will break it if the game changes. For example in minigames or cutscenes.
I don't know if FFX is one of the games that benefit from superVU but you just can try it. (setting vu0/1 to superVU instead of microVU).

If you are GS limited reducing the internal resolution can help but will reduce quality. Using skipdraw with low numbers in gsdx plugin settings / HW hacks can help as well but will remove some effects. Also play with Dx9 and Dx10/11. Normally Dx10/11 is faster nowadays but maybe there is a chance that Dx9 is faster for FFX.

In sound settings(SPU2-X) are still some parameters to tweak but I never tried that to increase FPS. It is written which are speedhack-like. If you still get slowdowns you should set the output to async mix instead of timestretch to get correct sound. This can break games as well.

You can also look into Saiki's Thread. I am sure that a lot of people got better results with those settings.

Good luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5