..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Lots of frames dropping on i7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Trying to get this setup for my old school stream tonight, but it's just not wanting to work. I'm only getting roughly 49 fps when I should be getting 60.

System;
i7 3770 @ 3.4ghz (3.7 turbo)
HIS IceQ 7870 OC'd 20%
8GB Ram
Windows 8.1

Is there anything I could try?
which game? what settings do you use? Do you use heavy background applications?
I've been trying to get Socom 2 to work, but the hud is messed up and the fix in the settings doesn't work.
I've tried a lot of settings, even default.

and no, no background applications.
can you try to enable all recommended speedhacks in emulation settings?

The other socom games seem to require the software renderer for correct display of graphics (you can toggle software/hardware by F9)
I'll test the game when I get home tonight, as I have all 4 socom's on the ps2
(09-19-2014, 05:22 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]can you try to enable all recommended speedhacks in emulation settings?

The other socom games seem to require the software renderer for correct display of graphics (you can toggle software/hardware by F9)

I tried that, but it made a bunch of lines on my screen and the FPS was still the same.
Also, if I change settings while in-game, will they be enabled when I resume the game? Or do I have to restart the game for the changes to take effect.
Many changes are enabled instantly and don't require a reboot.

Which speedhack gave you lines on the screen? Normally the recommended speedhacks (all tickboxes except MTVU and FastCDVD) don't harm the emulation that much.

During slowdowns what are the EE% and GS% readings in the title bar in windowed mode?
Enable all default speedhacks + MTVU.

Don't set your internal resolution above 3x.

Check temps when running PCSX2 to see if you are getting throttled.
If using software mode set the extra rendering threads option to 7
(09-19-2014, 11:22 PM)markyrocks69 Wrote: [ -> ]If using software mode set the extra rendering threads option to 7

NOOOOOOO
Pages: 1 2 3