..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is PCSX2 capped to 60hz ? (ghosting / blurry issue)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Obviously only every second image is affected. What happens if you disable all vsyncing? (pcsx2, fancy gpu utilities and aero)
Im on 8.1 so I got no aero, and I allready tried all this indeed.
You disabled vsync in nvidia/ati control panel and in the pcsx2 options?
With your refresh rate you should see constant tearing.... I am stupid ignore me...
Yes, I don't use vsync into pcsx2, I dont need it with a 144hz monitor, so its never checked.
I tried all with vsync, tried ulmb, different framerates overclocks, differents display rates, nothing works.
I got the same issue on my plasma TV so I think the problem is not the screen.
can you capture the ghosting in a video? Maybe use internal recorder (F12)...
Ok, it works, I can see the ghosting in the video, look the npc :
https://mega.co.nz/#!BhdEUDDK!R5JYqBw0JP...WfNU9tRQOY

And the effect is worse in real conditions, I didnt uploaded a full quality video Tongue2
(03-19-2015, 12:22 AM)Coma Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, it works, I can see the ghosting in the video, look the npc :
https://mega.co.nz/#!BhdEUDDK!R5JYqBw0JP...WfNU9tRQOY

Can you upload this to something else. Preferably YouTube? That site is just stuck at 99% for me every time I try to download it.

[Edit]
Nvm, works now.
First of all, Persona 4 has a motion blur/ghosting effect, and the game runs at 30fps. You can't avoid that.

For perfect motion clarity, the game you play has to run at the same framerate as your monitor refresh rate, AND the monitor has to strobe its backlight once per Hz (like a 60Hz CRT TV).

For comparison, this is the motion blur you get at 60fps=60Hz with no strobing:
[Image: CROPPED_60Hz-1024x341.jpg]

This is what you get at 120fps=120Hz with no strobing:
[Image: CROPPED_120Hz-1024x341.jpg]

And this is what you see at 120fps=120Hz with Lightboost (and other strobing techniques):
[Image: CROPPED_LightBoost50-1024x341.jpg]

Unless you play KH2 at 120fps, all the other games will run at 60fps tops (depending on the game, of course). If you want to get rid of motion blur, you'll need to play on a CRT TV, a plasma TV, or a monitor that strobes at 60Hz, like the BenQ Z series monitors.

Retroarch (which emulates a lot of consoles) makes this easy for monitors that don't strobe at 60Hz, because it has the black frame insertion feature. It doesn't have a PCSX2 core, sadly.
I can't activate ULMB with 60hz, dl my video and test-it, if you still see some ghosting.
(03-19-2015, 12:29 PM)Coma Wrote: [ -> ]I can't activate ULMB with 60hz
That's normal, unfortunately. ULMB only works at 85, 100 and 120Hz. ULMB at 60Hz is something that I want and it would be great for 4k 60Hz G-Sync monitors.

If PCSX2 had black frame insertion, it would work fine for ULMB at 120Hz.

(03-19-2015, 12:29 PM)Coma Wrote: [ -> ]dl my video and test-it, if you still see some ghosting.
OK, I've downloaded it. I'll watch it when I go home in a few hours (3 or 4).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6