..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is PCSX2 capped to 60hz ? (ghosting / blurry issue)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
OK, I'm home now and I've just seen the video at strobed 60Hz. That game is simply running at 30fps. There isn't any extra ghosting or anything.

What I saw is a double image effect because my monitor is displaying every frame twice. At strobed 120fps, one would get a quadruple image effect.

Unless one day a monitor with the possibility of strobed 30Hz appears (very unlikely) or PCSX2 implements black frame insertion, we have two options:

- Double/triple/quadruple/etc image with strobed displays.
- A very high amount of motion blur without strobing.

There's nothing we can do about it.

Relevant: http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/oled-motion-blur/
Ok that what I thought.. you must be right.
I overclocked the game with the custom.exe, it seems its capped to 30fps because there isnt any changes. So sad.. anyway this game remains playable but I saw other games with a worst result.

The only thing thats positive : its resolved on a plasma with intelligent frame creation, for the people that have a pc next to their TV Tongue2

(remember I recorded the video at 30 fps, but the result is the same when I recorded at 60 fps, I don't know if that matters)
Maybe try deinterlacing options?

I don't even know to be honest.
Intelligent frame creation lol, R.I.P. Plasma Panasonic best tv production of the world!
(03-20-2015, 08:54 PM)spike1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Intelligent frame creation lol, R.I.P. Plasma Panasonic best tv production of the world!

Yeah, frame creation is magic.. but I want to play on my pc monitor too Tongue2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6