..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Poll on deciding Internal resolution title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(05-29-2015, 11:21 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe just dropping custom resolution making the codebase cleaner?
Or just remove it from the GUI. If somebody wants to use this option he can use the ini-File...

I stoped using "custom" res while ago i just use 3x or 4x at most, but as mention earlier some people might want 1:1 pixel, and do it in ini is not really idealy or good idea as it is, most people dont even know what most stuff in ini does you really want people mess with the ini that dont know what they doing?

Then again reading stickies and info go a long way which some alot people specially new people posting here dont seem to beable,want to, or care too do. with there rare exception that do bother.

I say GSDX should be

[] Native Resolution
Rename "or use scaling" to "Resolution"
Drop box
2x
3x
4x
5x
6x
Custom( this opens a pop up window to allow the input of the res and will show the custom res "1920x1080" example in the drop box instead of custom)

This will free space up if this what we after. then again I have no clue what kind programing nightmare what i suggestion is or isnt or if it even possible.
(05-29-2015, 11:31 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]to be honest, with the incomming snowblind fix, the custom resolution actually has the potential to break its functionality, removing the ability to do that will help.

I am almost 100% on removing it, BUT I know some people will be annoyed because they like to set EXACTLY their monitor resolution.
I would just say that somebody who really really really wants to use a 1:1 resolution should read the readme to understand how to set it in the ini.

It is the same for hotkeys. Those who want to change them need to change the ini.
And the same for the base framerate.... those who want to change it need to change the ini.
(05-29-2015, 11:42 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I am almost 100% on removing it, BUT I know some people will be annoyed because they like to set EXACTLY their monitor resolution.

not like it would matter even if they set it PCSX2 dont show actual res in the window just the native res, and people would complain anyway,

I would be more interested int the windows showing the render mode DX/OpenGL + the resolution being outputted or atlest show 2x/3x or something along those lines.

(05-29-2015, 11:43 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]I would just say that somebody who really really really wants to use a 1:1 resolution should read the readme to understand how to set it in the ini.

It is the same for hotkeys. Those who want to change them need to change the ini.
And the same for the base framerate.... those who want to change it need to change the ini.

Again, cause people read sticky here and info post here let alone the rules? what are the chances they read the readme.
If people read alot things answered in those thing would not be constantly asked, and alot the thread locked would not be locked if people read
@willkuer Yeah if it would still be available in the INI then I'm all for removing it.

Wait I thought of another thing - some people use it like this:

Say their PC isn't powerful enough for 2x, but is more than powerful enough for native(like my mom's laptop I've run a few tests on). You can set like 800x600 in that situation.

Still again if it's available in the INI then I see no problem.
Not only will some people be annoyed, but others might be confused since they can't set the resolution they normally use. Then again pcsx2 is already pretty complicated to set up, so maybe there aren't any users like that.

Either way, I think it's worth removing.

Maybe it should say original resolution instead of native resolution?

Edit - Oh, yeah. I forgot how handy it is for weaker GPUs...
I get your point tsunami but I still think that if you just hide the option (in the ini) nobody would ask. Only those who really dig deep will find this options. And if they are confused they can start a new thread.

Can one add 1.5x internal resolution? Or is this not allowed by the design? (for sure only possible for even resolutions... I don't know if all ps2 game resolutions are even, or divisible by three or whatever). If this is possible you can even catch such rare exceptions.
(05-30-2015, 12:05 AM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Can one add 1.5x internal resolution? Or is this not allowed by the design? (for sure only possible for even resolutions... I don't know if all ps2 game resolutions are even, or divisible by three or whatever). If this is possible you can even catch such rare exceptions.

It could be added. We can add any variation we want. But we don't want to remove one thing at the expense of complicating another, either.
(05-30-2015, 12:11 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]It could be added. We can add any variation we want. But we don't want to remove one thing at the expense of complicating another, either.

The people using a custom resolution are few to begin with, and asking perfect pinpoint graphics from PS2 games on a computer screen is laughable at best. If it's really of such little use, i vote to remove custom resolution as well from the GSdx settings. Maybe allow it as a game specific "cheat" so people can still override their default setting per game.

I still would prefer if the scaling option was a slider though. Text will be repeated all too much in a dropdown box. With the slider though, all you need is a separate text element below it and a %s to put the right number next to the "x" multiplier Tongue
There is always a drawback to everything question becomes is it worth the drawback/complication., I think unless the GSDX ui is be redesigned to be simpler and streamlined as whole just leave it be, less the drawback/complication want to be delt with.

Imo GDSX UI could use simpler/streamlined UI
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7