..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Poll on deciding Internal resolution title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(05-30-2015, 06:22 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]the certain case will only happen when the user enables custom resolution, why do you think the user would be confused if he saw the scaling option grayed out when he was expecting to use a custom resolution ?

Then why do you think the user will be confused when he selects a pre-defined internal resolution and the custom resolution settings are grayed out?

(05-30-2015, 06:22 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]could be added but, i don't see the need for it in the first place.

Most things aren't needed. But it would be nicer if there was a tooltip text to remove the doubt of the user and the tooltip text could display the current custom resolution.
(05-30-2015, 06:34 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: [ -> ]Then why do you think the user will be confused when he selects a pre-defined internal resolution and the custom resolution settings are grayed out?

There is no need for the user to be confused at the following situation, I never thought the user would be confused. also as stated earlier, the custom resolution settings will not be present on the GUI on the idea. so, how could we gray out a setting which is not even present in the GUI ?

Quote:Most things are't needed. But it would be nicer if there was a tooltip text to remove the doubt of the user and the tooltip text could display the current custom resolution.
Yes, I agree with the idea of tool tip.
(05-30-2015, 06:41 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]There is no need for the user to be confused at the following situation, I never thought the user would be confused. also as stated earlier, the custom resolution settings will not be present on the GUI on the idea. so, how could we gray out a setting which is not even present in the GUI ?

I mean, the current UI. I suggest you reread my comments. In case you really don't understand them, I will explain them when I have time.
even still, there is no reason for the user to be confused at your described situation. the main reason on why I suggested to remove custom resolution was to make the plugin settings look a little simpler.

If I don't understand your point, feel free to describe it a little better.
I still say leave it there just remove the box that shows the custom res, and seeing as "custom" is already in the drop box for "or use scale" which should just be called "scale" just leave it there, and if the person want to use custom when they select "custom" in that drop box pop up a box comes up where you input the res. I really think it bad idea to have it only do able in ini, and might cause problems. cause alot people should not be messing with the ini to begin with.
So, let's come to a conclusion. What do you guys think ? Should we have custom resolution option in the GUI (or) remove it and make it to be only customizable through the ini file ?
like said remove the custom res "box" leave custom in the "or scaling" drop down box which is configured via a pop up box when selecting custom in the "or use scaling" drop box, IF using custom res causes issues in some game just put message stating in the pop up box if custom is used. ( no clue if making pop up for this is choir or something trivial"

The will clean up the UI in the GSDX, while keep the functionality and not require people to mess with the ini

But

"or use scaling" should just really just be called "Scaling"
(05-30-2015, 08:19 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]"or use scaling" should just really just be called "Scaling"

You mean like in my picture? Tongue
(05-30-2015, 08:05 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]So, let's come to a conclusion. What do you guys think ? Should we have custom resolution option in the GUI (or) remove it and make it to be only customizable through the ini file ?

I vote against removing it from the GUI. Making it only customizable via the ini is terrible for inexperienced users. And personally I find it a lot easier to access it via the GUI myself as well.

We're supposed to keep things simple, not complicate things further by forcing people to have to go an annoying ini file just to dig up the entry you want to change.

Also like Blyss mentioned earlier, there's people who set it to the resolution of their monitor. Personally I set it to 2560x1440 for taking HQ screenshots, but for some games I like to be able to swap easily on the fly between custom res and native scaling.
(05-30-2015, 07:22 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]even still, there is no reason for the user to be confused at your described situation. the main reason on why I suggested to remove custom resolution was to make the plugin settings look a little simpler.

If I don't understand your point, feel free to describe it a little better.

My point is removing it from the UI doesn't make it less confusing (if it is). It may fix some problem, but it also introduces other problems. But your reason is different, so maybe that's why you missed my point. Personally, I don't think the current UI is confusing. Most users should understand what custom resolution means and when they select the Scaling drop-down list, they will see the Custom option. They shouldn't be confused. The simplicity of the UI is a separate issue.

(05-30-2015, 08:05 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]So, let's come to a conclusion. What do you guys think ? Should we have custom resolution option in the GUI (or) remove it and make it to be only customizable through the ini file ?

I think we should have the option in the UI.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7