..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Q2 2016 progress report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
On linux, openGL is the only possibility. So yes Nvidia is the best solution so far. Honestly it hard to compare GPU memory requirement. Faster memory is often better than more memory. The trick is to be above the minimal memory requirement. A faster GPU (more MHz) will have less latency (better mini-fps). A larger GPU (more shader) will support bigger resolution.

In all cases, I will wait a month so Nvidia/AMD can battle-fight on the GPU price.
However today I'm buying a GeForce 730: 64 bit , 900Mhz and 1GB GDDR5 at 50-60 €; seems good.
(06-25-2016, 02:02 PM)TronFourtyTwo Wrote: [ -> ]However today I'm buying a GeForce 730: 64 bit , 900Mhz and 1GB GDDR5 at 50-60 €; seems good.

Please dont' It's not worth it.
Sorry, I'm not english enought to understand your sentence. sorry. Could you repeate?
He means: Do not buy. It is bad(not good enough). Tongue2

You can probably buy a better card for the same price.
The GT-730 is decent but not too good for gaming, you'd be forced to lower resolution / graphical settings at most cases on latest PC games. However it should be fine for PCSX2 on most games.

But definitely that card is way better than your current one Tongue
Ah ok. I don't think is too much money. Remember that are 55 whit mailing and are €, not $
However I'm not a hardcore player, I usually use the computer to program, hang around in linux and some game, often retrogame (whit emulators)
(06-25-2016, 02:33 PM)TronFourtyTwo Wrote: [ -> ]However I'm not a hardcore player, I usually use the computer to program, hang around in linux and some game, often retrogame (whit emulators)

Then it should be no problem, GT-730 is an overkill for your requirements in that case Smile
I will post when the new card arrives and i can eventually run PCSX2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9