..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Certain background pictures in Fatal Frame have checkerboard-like squares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In some background pictures, such as the title screen and certain chapter/character introduction screens, they exhibit a grid in what resembles a checkerboard on it.  Usually, this is a problem with raising the internal resolution but I'm playing on OGL Software mode.  I know SW mode always run at the native resolution so I don't know what's causing this.  I know this is a regression because this problem didn't used to exist.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
The latest git.
All default except speedhacks are disabled and using OGL Software renderer with 4 SW threads.
Fatal Frame from ISO.
Could you post me a GS dump of the bad rendering.
Good news. It isn't a GS issue but a configuration issue. Code was updated so Texture Filtering option apply on the SW renderer. The windows GUI will soon be updated (Linux GUI is done). Unfortunately in the process I also break option compatibility. You need to setup Bilinear(PS2) in the GUI and it will be fine.
Thanks.
Due to bad code I changed the setting compatibility. I restored it in latest build. Hopefully the GUI will be updated soon enough