..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Internal resolution scaling apparently not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After further testing, I've found there are three types of games based on how they scale.

All games look the same on native, and all of them look better with custom resolution but then we have three categories:
  1. Properly scales to custom resolution (the output matches the custom resolution, looks the same at custom resolution than 8x internal resolution) (i.e. Final fantasy XII)
  2. Looks better the higher the resolution and even though it doesn't properly scale to custom resolution (the output resolution doesn't match the custom resolution) it scales properly with a 8x resolution (i.e. Crash Twinsanity)
  3. Looks better the higher the resolution but still does neither properly scale to custom resolution nor resolution multipliers (i.e. Jak and Daxter)
[Image: H17AoJt.png]

Update: Dirge of Cerberus looks fine too at 8x resolution, but sadly it performs at unplayable speed even at native resolution.
i tried that x8 thing on my 4K monitor but suffers the 1050Ti usage meter..
i can only hold up to x4 native.
MetalTxus what are your gsdx settings
It looks like you are not using any texture filtering(the option can be also disabled globally from nvidia control panel)
(01-03-2018, 07:01 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]MetalTxus what are your gsdx settings
It looks like you are not using any texture filtering(the option can be also disabled globally from nvidia control panel)

Yes, I have texture scaling set to nearest because I rather see pixels than a blurry mess.
Regarding NVidia overrides, the only ones I have are antialiasing and anisotropic.

[Image: u6U2HAY.png]
1- By using "Texture Filtering: Nearest", textures are pixelated. I don't know if you are doing it on purpose or not (edit: yes, you're doing it on purpose).

2- Yes, different games have different internal resolutions than reported, and will need a lot more internal resolution to compensate, like that Crash game or the Ratchet & Clank games.

3- That blurriness in Jak and Daxter is a shader that I could disable in Windows 7, where 3Dmigoto works (it doesn't work on Windows 10 and the real reason is kinda unknown right now). Other games like Devil May Cry also have this issue. I guess that someone can make a cheat code to remove that effect. But there isn't one right now.
(01-03-2018, 02:06 PM)MetalTxus Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I have texture scaling set to nearest because I rather see pixels than a blurry mess.
Ok you "rather see pixels than a blurry mess" but don't like that the games are pixelated while using an option that makes them look pixalated
PS2 games don't have hd textures,the scaling ingreases the quality but don't transform low quality textures to high quality.

I think there was a thread somewhere that explains what the scaling actually do and it's not like increasing the resolution on pc games
(01-03-2018, 05:17 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Ok you "rather see pixels than a blurry mess" but don't like that the games are pixelated while using an option that makes them look pixalated
PS2 games don't have hd textures,the scaling ingreases the quality but don't transform low quality textures to high quality.

I think there was a thread somewhere that explains what the scaling actually do and it's not like increasing the resolution on pc games

I'm afraid you're mixing up textures and models. I never complained that the textures looked pixelated, only the models. If you check my comparison screenshot you should be able to see what I was talking about.
Lots of game downscale the framebuffer by 2x/4x/8x and then blend it back to blur the rendering. Ofc, it doesn't play well with modern standard.
I just took this snapshot of Jak1 using pcsx2 1.5 with 8X internal resolution and Open GL ( https://i.imgur.com/xc4l4VW.jpg )

[Image: xc4l4VW.jpg]

Jak1 scales fine but use bob tff interlacing and fine tune your TC offsets.
(01-04-2018, 08:05 AM)wheninrome Wrote: [ -> ]fine tune your TC offsets.

Could you please explain me what you mean? I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about.
Pages: 1 2 3 4