..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War chromatic aberration problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(02-02-2018, 05:29 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you deducted the fix would be easy from Flatout's answer :
That's what I got interested in : what you could bring in terms of bug fixing.
Whatever...

I'm sorry then. I thought you were being ironic because "don't waste our time by asking when a build is going to release" rule.

Anyways, I'm trying to help.
(02-02-2018, 05:30 PM)Vinimaxo Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on the screenshots and view full image. They are uncompressed pngs.

I noticed that PCSX2 1.4.0 does a better job on the edges, you can still see some green aliasings, but it's a lot better than the newer ones. No half pixel offset required (it actually causes vertical lines when on). But you need to set some values to TC Offset X and Y to "correct" the alignment.

Thanks for the tip.

I can confirm you that it is the depth of field effect.

What is your setting for texture filtering ? Did you try the various half pixel offset setting ?
(02-02-2018, 05:59 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tip.

I can confirm you that it is the depth of field effect.

What is your setting for texture filtering ? Did you try the various half pixel offset setting ?

Yes. Texture filtering is at 16x, but even changing it there's no visible difference. Half pixel offset in PCSX2 1.5.0, no difference or improvements between off and normal, agressive and special helps a lot, gets even better adjusting TC Offset, but worse than 1.4.0

When I turn half pixel offset on agressive or special, I can see some vertical lines and again, adjusting TC Offset fixes this completely. Seems/feels like I am trying to line perfectly 2 images when changing TC Offset, like there's a misalignment on scaling.

Anything you want me to do to help?
16x is Anisotropic Filtering. The texture filtering setting would be one of these:
Code:
Nearest
Bilinear (PS2)
Bilinear (Forced)
Bilinear (Forced excluding sprite)
(02-05-2018, 07:13 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]16x is Anisotropic Filtering. The texture filtering setting would be one of these:
Code:
Nearest
Bilinear (PS2)
Bilinear (Forced)
Bilinear (Forced excluding sprite)

My bad, thought it was AF.

I leave it in Bilinear (PS2).
Using the DX recommended crc in OGL mode fixes the problem but it also removes the shadows.
(02-05-2018, 07:40 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Using the DX recommended crc in OGL mode fixes the problem but it also removes the shadows.

Yes, I said it on the OT.
I know it isn't obvious but the chromatic color is the depth buffer. It is blended on the framebuffer. So you kind of need it to emulate shadow correctly.

I didn't ask, what are you resolution ?
And yes the game does the blending with a 0.5 pixel offset. Hence the name of the hack Wink
(02-05-2018, 11:46 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]I know it isn't obvious but the chromatic color is the depth buffer. It is blended on the framebuffer. So you kind of need it to emulate shadow correctly.

I didn't ask, what are you resolution ?

4x native on latest 1.5.0 build and 5x on 1.4.0.
Pages: 1 2 3 4