..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Having some issues with Metal Gear Solid 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can I just save the exe I just downloaded over the one ive been using or is there more to it than that?
It’s still doing it in this new version, I just dumped the new plugins into my plugin folder and replaced my existing exe with the one I just downloaded.

I’m having no issues playing at x3 native and this does seem to have fixed the issues I was having with Silent Hill 2 but the cutscenes in Metal Gear keep going into slow mo. This mostly occurs when the screen is panned out over a large area (like when you first reach the roof of Big Shell) and when there are a lot of characters on screen such as the intro to Vamp
3x native is probably too much for that GPU.
especially with MGS2 tanker part
The resolution makes no difference up to x3 on any game (except for Timesplitters 2 which gets frame drops even at native). As I said it’s just the MGS2 cutscenes that I’m having issues with and it’s the same at native, x2 and x3
What do the ee% and gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
It drops down to about 70%
Can you post screenshot of your "speedhacks" settings?
All default in speed hacks
Enable mtvu
A grid-like issue makes me think that "Disable Safe Features" might help. Enabling this turns off Unscale Point and Line. While it's designed to get rid of grid-like patterns such as the one you're describing, it can sometimes do the opposite and cause grid-like patterns.
Pages: 1 2 3