Having some issues with Metal Gear Solid 2
Can I just save the exe I just downloaded over the one ive been using or is there more to it than that?

Sponsored links

It’s still doing it in this new version, I just dumped the new plugins into my plugin folder and replaced my existing exe with the one I just downloaded.

I’m having no issues playing at x3 native and this does seem to have fixed the issues I was having with Silent Hill 2 but the cutscenes in Metal Gear keep going into slow mo. This mostly occurs when the screen is panned out over a large area (like when you first reach the roof of Big Shell) and when there are a lot of characters on screen such as the intro to Vamp
3x native is probably too much for that GPU.
especially with MGS2 tanker part
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The resolution makes no difference up to x3 on any game (except for Timesplitters 2 which gets frame drops even at native). As I said it’s just the MGS2 cutscenes that I’m having issues with and it’s the same at native, x2 and x3
What do the ee% and gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
It drops down to about 70%
Can you post screenshot of your "speedhacks" settings?
All default in speed hacks
Enable mtvu
A grid-like issue makes me think that "Disable Safe Features" might help. Enabling this turns off Unscale Point and Line. While it's designed to get rid of grid-like patterns such as the one you're describing, it can sometimes do the opposite and cause grid-like patterns.