..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ICO running at 60fps, but in slow motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having some problems trying to get ICO to run at 60 fps (PAL version). By default, it runs at 60fps when I set it to NTSC mode, but it is extremely jittery and runs slowly, despite PCSX2 saying that it is at 100% speed. After applying the cheat patch I found in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F0MGUSQfuI) and turning on Single Framestep in the debug menu, the game now runs smoothly but still runs slowly at around half speed. I can *sort of* fix it by running it on Turbo Mode, but that makes certain animations play out too fast and makes the cutscenes go too fast.

Here's a video I recorded of my issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtTVox8nZwg
0:00 - 0:14 is what it looks like by default. 0:14-0:35 is what it looks like with the Single Framestep enabled. 0:35 - 0:56 is what it looks like in Turbo Mode.

Here's my settings:

[Image: 1.PNG]
[Image: 2.PNG]
[Image: 3.PNG]
[Image: 4.PNG]
[Image: 5.PNG]
[Image: 6.PNG]

[Image: 7.PNG]
[Image: 8.PNG]

I have an i5 10600k and a GTX 2070 Super with 16 GB of RAM. No other game have this issue (SoTC, Rule of Rose, Silent Hill 4 and MGS 3 work just fine). I have already tried every combination of EE Cyclerate, EE Cycle Skipping and MTVU On/Off, and they don't seem to help. Hope this is enough information!
I may be wrong,but i think ico had that kind of problem on real hardware. Can you try on your PS2 ?
(07-28-2020, 07:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]I may be wrong,but i think ico had that kind of problem on real hardware. Can you try on your PS2 ?

I don't have the PS2 anymore unfortunately, I left at home while moving to college and I've just been using the emulator. I do remember it running quite a bit smoother than this, but I've seen entries in the wiki stating they were able to get it running at 60 fps.
Hm. We actually don't run the wiki. Could you please try the pcsx2 versions stated in those wiki entries ?
Well, this had a strange result! The game plays like I have Turbo Mode on, essentially, even though its turned off. The gameplay is fine, but cutscenes play out way too fast.