..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Cycle Skip doesn't work in Hardcore mode (RetroAchievements)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that Cycle Skip doesn't work in Hardcore mode, only in Softcore. Someone knows the reason behind this? Only thing i found was that Hardcore disables slowdown functions but i dunno if this has something to do with Cycle Skip. It's a bummer since i can get 30\60 FPS just fine with it on but it doesn't work in HC mode...
most "hacks" won't work in hardcore mode, to make sure you play the game "the original way"
Yeah, i suspected that was the case. There's something ironic about it though. When i was playing the Crash Wrath of Cortex set, not being able to use speedhacks actually make things easier for me since i own a weak laptop. Thing is, the game runs at 50-40 FPS and drops to 30-40 FPS in many parts, making the Time Trial relics easier to obtain. So, in this case, speedhacks would "correct" the difficulty since the game would run at full speed.

Anyway, i will probably use Softcore for slower games then. Thanks for the help, sir!