..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Open filexts - playable convertion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i have my four games working on v1.6 and v1.7 looks to be soon out, so...

The format i actually use is ISO, and i'd like to know which is recommended to use for convertion when used to play games in v1.7, to work like RVZ (and how i set it to be converted) for Wii ISOs in Dolphin.

exemple:
i used Dolphin right click tool to convert (without compression and blocks size set to best compatibility, see image attach.) to RVZ and it was effectively a gain in size for my 3 Wii games...
... i'd like to have no-compression and blocks setting if availables set the same way on my PS2 games, because i don't need high colrpession but prefer wider emulator compatibility.

Tools found :
chdman
maxcso
PSXiSO-0.1R4 - uses chd on cue /zso on iso (outdated compressors exe in archive), IDK about zso !

//

.bin - .iso - .cue // !!

.chd - .cso - .gz ======= one of this three ??? Which is the most recommended for playing, and setting command line to no-compression and block size possible ??

.elf - .irx - gs.xz - gs.zst // ????

.dump

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.
chd for cd games, cso for dvds
use the parameter --block=16384 to compress DVDs with maxcso
(03-19-2023, 09:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]chd for cd games, cso for dvds
use the parameter --block=16384 to compress DVDs with maxcso

I do not use a specific compression algorythm ?.. on github dev tells for emulator to use --use-zopfli, about me, i want only compression that emu handles the best and fastest.  zopfli took ages to compress when i tested.

I used :

Code:
maxcso.exe --block=16384 "ISOName.iso"
pause

Well thanks.

OKay, found about :
https://github.com/unknownbrackets/maxcso/issues/42

And also BATCHes linked by "refraction":
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=...foldergrid