..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Tales of the Abyss / Suikoden Tactics / Yakuza 1 & 2 [NTSC-U]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
# PCSX2 version: MacBook Pro MacOS Ventura 13.5.1 latest Nightly Build v1.7.4984 (Wednesday, September 6th 2023)
# CPU options: All defaults, Enable MTVU, Enable VU1, Enable Fast CDVD
# Plugins used: Metal Renderer
# Description: I am sorry if this is against the rules, but the reason I'm lumping these games altogether, instead posting one thread at a time, because they have the same problem, because of the Metal Renderer.

Similar but different just like my previous Suikoden III bug report: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repo...C-U--70378
the Metal Renderer cause some games I've mentioned above resulting in black screens & screen freezes, but the sound/music & game it self still works in the background.

Tales of the Abyss: black screen from beginning booting the game while the SFX & anime opening music still heard in the background.

Suikoden Tactics: The game starts normally with Metal Renderer with some cut-scenes still working, at the first tutorial battle in the beginning the game still works until the enemy turns. The game freezes for few seconds until it works again only leaving SFX/music in the background, but the screen/graphics still freeze/not moving.

Yakuza 1 & 2: Yakuza 1 already gives black screen even at the option menu in the title screen & game it self. Yakuza 2 also black screen in non rendered cut-scenes & gameplay too.

The current workaround for all the bugs above for all these games is currently in Software mode again.
Can this be re tested, I believe it is fixed now.