..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need help with Manual Hardware Renderer fixes (The Godfather)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, really hope you can help me with this one. So i'm trying to play The Godfather and the game has a broken screen color filter that the compatibility list says can be fixed by setting skipdraw to 1,1. When i change that setting and launch the game the problem gets fixed but the emulator tells me that "Manual GS hardware renderer fixes are enabled, automatic fixes were not applied". The problem is that i want to play the game with with those automatic fixes too, so i think i need to apply them manually. I opened the gameindex.yaml file and got this information about the settings that the emulator applies automatically:

SLUS-21385:
  name: "Godfather, The"
  region: "NTSC-U"
  compat: 5
  gsHWFixes:
    mipmap: 2 # Mipmap + trilinear, improves building textures to match sw renderer.
    trilinearFiltering: 1
    textureInsideRT: 1 # Required for complex offset shuffles.
    halfPixelOffset: 2 # Fixes center line in post processing.

The thing is i don't know what those numbers refer to when i open the settings. For example, halfPixelOffset has 5 options when i click to change the setting: use global setting; off; normal; special (texture); special (texture - agressive). Which one refers to the number 2 used in the automatic setting? Can you tell me which option is equivalent to each setting (mipmap, trilinearfiltering, textureinsidert, halfpixeloffset)? Thanks in advance.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(10-28-2023, 08:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
Code:
[code]
[  27.6540] Found 1 game patches in SLUS-21385_D850707E.pnach.
[  27.6546] Enabled patch: Widescreen 16:9
[  27.6547] OSD [LoadPatches]: 1 game patches are active.
[  27.6547] Applying core settings...
[  27.6553] [GameDB] Manual GS hardware renderer fixes are enabled, not using automatic hardware renderer fixes from GameDB.
[  27.6554] [GameDB] Enabled GS Hardware Fix: mipmap to [mode=2]
[  27.6554] [GameDB] Enabled GS Hardware Fix: trilinearFiltering to [mode=1]
[  27.6554] [GameDB] Skipping GS Hardware Fix: textureInsideRT to [mode=1]
[  27.6554] [GameDB] Skipping GS Hardware Fix: halfPixelOffset to [mode=2]
[  27.6556] OSD [HWFixesWarning]:  Manual GS hardware renderer fixes are enabled, automatic fixes were not applied:
[  27.6556]    textureInsideRT = 1
[  27.6556]    halfPixelOffset = 2
[  27.6556] Updating CPU configuration...
[  27.6995] Updating GS configuration...
[  27.6996] (UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
[  27.6996] (UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
[  27.6997] Vsync is ON
[  27.9988] EE/iR5900 Recompiler Reset
[  29.3523] (UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
[  29.3529] (UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
[  29.8035] [Pad] Game finished pad setup for port 1 / slot 1 - Analogs: Off - Analog Button: Usable - Pressure: Off
[  29.9537] [Pad] Game finished pad setup for port 1 / slot 1 - Analogs: Off - Analog Button: Usable - Pressure: Off
[  30.0537] [Pad] Game finished pad setup for port 1 / slot 1 - Analogs: On - Analog Button: Locked - Pressure: Off
[  30.3115] [Pad] Game finished pad setup for port 1 / slot 1 - Analogs: On - Analog Button: Locked - Pressure: Off
[  30.7045] [Pad] Game finished pad setup for port 1 / slot 1 - Analogs: On - Analog Button: Locked - Pressure: On
[  30.9046] [Pad] Game finished pad setup for port 1 / slot 1 - Analogs: On - Analog Button: Locked - Pressure: On
[  31.6136] (VMManager) Pausing...
[  37.5100] Add 31 seconds play time to SLUS-21385 -> now 2977
[  49.5310] Releasing host memory for virtual systems...
full log, please.
should start around [0.0]