..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Pcsx2 updater Update Staging broken need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i think the updater is broken it wont even let me update it automaticaly it says Failed to rename F:/Emulators/Pcsx2\UPDATE_STAGING\pcsx2-qt.exe to F:/Emulators/Pcsx2\pcsx2-qt.exe  Failed to commit update.Your Installation may be corrupted,please re-download a fresh version from GitHub.
Why is it trying to rename the same thing to the same thing something is not right and i think the updater is broken and doesnt work anymore.
can somebody help me out so that i dont have to download the update manualy anymore im tired of the stupid error i cant even update the emulator like normal anymore.
does anybody know what whats going on? and it has nothing to do with my virus program i alredy allowed the exe for Mcafee and still nothing so if anybody can help me it would be appreciated.
UPDATE_STAGING is the temp directory used to unzip update, then it's moved into place of the existing installation. It works perfectly fine for me and pretty much everyone else. Someone mentioned your Antivirus could be interfering in the other thread, ultimately it's something with your computer and not an issue with the updater.
so what can i do to fix it? i dont even think its my mcafee virus program cause i already allowed it i feal like im not getting very much help on this subject cant you guys help me out so that i dont have this issue anymore? i dont know what to do about it.