..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: What is the minimum requirement's for this emulator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hi guys. I've never done PS2 emulation before. I know I have the processor and RAM (Pentium D 3.00GHz dual core, 3GB DDR2 RAM), but do I have the graphics? I have a Geforce 210 silent with 1GB. Also, is the setup kinda like doing a GBA on Android? Emulator, then bios (a .bin file for Android) then game? Maybe a link to instructions if so? Thanks guys. Btw, I am on Linux. Specifically Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 bit. It's a Ubuntu based distro, but wicked as can be. Laugh
Although not searching the whole thread to know if it was already said or so clearly. The common mistake is to think "what's the minimal PCSX2 requirements?", it is very small you can run PCSX2 in whatever machine even the weaker one of today.

So the correct question is: What's the minimal requirement to play "that specific game with PCSX2?" and the answer depend on the game. It's the same thing on PC where each game has it's own minimal requirements.

PS: Still one must expect the requirements are much higher than would be playing native games, of course. So a relatively new and powerful machine, around 2.8GHz for Intel icore CPUs (around 3.5GHz for modern AMD) and reasonable good iGPU or preferably a mainstream discrete video card may be considered the absolute minimal to have hope of playable experience with the lest demanding games.
(06-06-2013, 07:00 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Although not searching the whole thread to know if it was already said or so clearly. The common mistake is to think "what's the minimal PCSX2 requirements?", it is very small you can run PCSX2 in whatever machine even the weaker one of today.

So the correct question is: What's the minimal requirement to play "that specific game with PCSX2?" and the answer depend on the game. It's the same thing on PC where each game has it's own minimal requirements.

PS: Still one must expect the requirements are much higher than would be playing native games, of course. So a relatively new and powerful machine, around 2.8GHz for Intel icore CPUs (around 3.5GHz for modern AMD) and reasonable good iGPU or preferably a mainstream discrete video card may be considered the absolute minimal to have hope of playable experience with the lest demanding games.

remember this whole thread is about the windows version, though.
Dunno what the requirements are for linux port.
An pentium g2010 2.8ghz is enough for pcsx2 for most games.. And a 4gb ram and an intel hdgraphics
(06-06-2013, 07:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]remember this whole thread is about the windows version, though.
Dunno what the requirements are for linux port.

Thanks. I just realized there was a Linux thread.
(06-06-2013, 07:57 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: [ -> ]An pentium g2010 2.8ghz is enough for pcsx2 for most games.. And a 4gb ram and an intel hdgraphics
Try this on the linux port and then tell me it works.
Never spread false information to new users. thanks
(06-06-2013, 08:01 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Try this on the linux port and then tell me it works.
Never spread false information to new users. thanks

wooo wooo wait pentium g2010 is an ivy bridge proccesor an thise is my cosin build pc and i have experince abt that....so please dont make any false post when u have nt use it..im 100% sure that an pentium g2010 is enough for pcsx2 for most game in my experiance ...an nt all have an i7 like u for pcsx2...
(06-06-2013, 08:06 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: [ -> ]wooo wooo wait pentium g2010 is an ivy bridge proccesor an thise is my cosin build pc and i have experince abt that....so please dont make any false post when u have nt use it..im 100% sure that an pentium g2010 is enough for pcsx2 for most game in my experiance ...an nt all have an i7 like u for pcsx2...

Your "experience ?"
Again the user clearly stated he was using a ubuntu based distro.
Do you have any idea of how pcsx2 run on linux ?
What a a a i think it talking abt windows requirement ops what a big mistake im so sorry abt that ...but belive me im truly says right for windows....
Sorry for the confusion guys. I started on this with a Google search, registered and then was on this topic from the search and didn't realize there was a Linux thread, so my bad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11