..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Manhunt 2 (NTSC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Manhunt 2 (NTSC) disc verified on hardware PS2. On startup, PCSX2 0.9.6 runs with a black screen for a few seconds then throws an unhandled win32 exception [2248].

Last text line in console: "DVCI: Can't read filelist file.(\flist.dir)"

Core 2 E8400 w/ 4 GB RAM on XP 64 SP2.
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14; SPU2-X 1.1.0; Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0; other settings @ default, no speedhacks.

@Mods: I searched the forums on "Manhunt 2" before posting. Based on other threads, it wasn't clear to me whether this belonged here or in General Discussion.
Its a support issue. However you said its a disc, but you are using an iso plugin, i suggest using peops cdvd or gigaherz cdvd plugins if you are running from the original disc.
Switched from GSdx to ZeroGS and the crash no longer occurs. However, game is unplayable at 1-3 fps.
How should GSdx be configured to work with Manhunt 2?
probably, can you please tell us your GSDX config, also what graphics card you have
Yearh, I can't play this game as well. After the intro screen, just a black screen appears and the game runs under 1~3fps.
again gsdx config and graphics card please.

but remember Manhunt 2 has an "ingame" status, so it may not work properly anyway.

Also have you both tried the latest beta and latest gsdx?

Edit: You may find grabbing the latest revision of GSDX (from here http://guliverkli.sf.net/latest.php?q=GSdx ) and ticking the "Allow 8 bit textures" option may help. OR using software mode.
Good call! Switched to "Direct3D9 (software)" mode and FPS jumped to 21 in-game and 30-50 on the menu.