..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need Help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I got my bios and my disk (I turned it into a .iso for ease of use) and i tried to load it and the play screen comes up but then it says that PCSX2 has stopped responding. What should I do? I really want to play FFX...
Thanks
-Colin
Update your directx to its latest version ( march 2009)
I did, but it still won't work. Do I HAVE to use the disk?

Thanks.
Oh and my specs are
C2d 2.0 GHZ
Integrated card (but it can run recent games on low well, I don't know if that matters though...)
2 Gb Ram
Vista
if you run the game with the original disc in your optical drive or as an iso image directly from your hdd shouldn't matter, but the iso method is usually faster. and you will have to give us at least a bit more info (game, specs, config, emulog.txt) to be able to help you, or we continue the guessing game jesalvein started with his post Wink
What error do you get in "emulog.txt"? We need to know the problem to find a solution.

Also, what are your computer specs and PCSX2 config? Simply disabling speedhacks may help, along with changing options in the Advanced menu.
I got it to work on an older version (9.4), but I get around 37 fps with a couple of speed boosts. Where can I find the speed hacks? or are they only available in the newest. The game is FFX and my specs are in my second post.

THanks for the help so far (I'm used to more simple Emus such as VBA...)
The speedhacks are in the speedhacks menu -__- "Config > Speedhacks"

The game would run better with the latest beta and a much newer revision of GSdx than the one provided with the stable release of PCSX2. It's better to find the problem with the beta and fix it then to revert to the stable release and have slower frame rates.
I still can't find speed hacks, and the other version says:
Boot error system.cnf not found. It's weird, because I had to install 9.4 and I did not install 9.6, just unzipped it.
And what is GSdx... sorry but like I said earlier, this is slightly more complicated then what I'm used to.
great... I was messing around with GSdx and now it is kinda messed up... can someone like link a version of the new one but without bios (if that is allowed)... thanks. If not, what can I do? Sorry if this is kinda annoying.
Pages: 1 2 3