..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: A weird FF X-2 graphic problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I pretty much follow the default Pcsx2 settings

Pcsx2 version 0.9.6
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
GFX Card: Nvidia EVGA GTX 260

[Image: ffx2d.jpg]

anyone can help me fix it?

I can run FFX, FFXII, KH 1 and 2 fine on the settings i got now.
(08-31-2009, 07:57 PM)howardslp Wrote: [ -> ]I pretty much follow the default Pcsx2 settings

Pcsx2 version 0.9.6
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
GFX Card: Nvidia EVGA GTX 260

[Image: ffx2d.jpg]

anyone can help me fix it?

I can run FFX, FFXII, KH 1 and 2 fine on the settings i got now.

I see in your image 640x1024 try to set native to gsdx
the ffx-2 fmvs currently work correctly only in software mode, use F9 to switch to it during the emulation, after the fmv switch back to hardware mode.
ok, tried switching to native, the FMV is still like that, though without lines but looks like those old CRT monitors that flaps bright for a moment then darker the next....

and it seems its not really a native resolution thing cuz its still the same resolution when i run this FMV
[Image: 11233187.jpg]

now this may be the native resolution thing...but the gfx is horrible...zoom in the image to see it clearly

[Image: 25092863.jpg]

[Image: 20519532.jpg]

EDIT 1

ya, the native thing doesnt work out well, i switch back to 1024x768 (what i had originally) and its working great for regular gfx

[Image: 86042815.jpg]

so i guess theres no other solutions to FMVs?

EDIT 2

I tried pressing F9 during the FMV, it doesnt seem to switch, i have to manually quit game, then go to settings and set to DX10 Software from Hardware to get the FMV running fine (though around 75% all the time)
no, currently there's no alternative to the software mode for the ffx-2 fmvs. and the gfx in software mode are not "horrible", they replicate exactly the resolution the game was intended to run at, 512x416 in the case of ffx-2 (640x1024 for the fmvs). no real idea why the F9 key doesn't work for you, but try changing your pad plugin or use other interface settings for it.
F9 switch tends to not work when using fullscreen, I wouldnt worry about it btw it's not many FMVs in the game and you can watch them in like youtube if you want :P