ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
Hello everyone, I just got into Ps2 emulating a few days ago, and while messing around with some of my old games, I ran into some trouble with KH2 (A game I really wanted to finish but my ps2 somehow stopped reading any discs and became useless, hence the taking up emulating), anyways, I was using the default Gsdx plugin from 0.9.6 and it would run moderately well, ~40-60 fps, with some slowdown when multiple characters were on screen, and while browsing the forums for a fix I came upon this new plugin, after getting everything set up, it worked perfectly, almost constant 60 fps, however, whenever any sort of blur is used the game slows considerably, down to anywhere from 5~30 fps. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong Tongue.

My system specs are as follows.
OS - Windows Vista 64 Ultimate
CPU - AMD Phenom 9950
GPU - Radeon x1950 Pro 512mb
Ram - 4gb 1066 ddr2

I'm lead to believe my system should be able to easily handle this game at a constant 60fps.

As for speedhacks, I've tried basically an endless medley of them but to be honest their effects aren't noticed much, and none of them seem to affect the problem with blur effects.

Also, I attached a pic of my config set up, and also something that I think is an error with my system regarding the plug in. I figured this thread would be the best place to ask about this, since there's really no support for beta/in development plugins except their specific threads I'm noticing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

it should work fullspeed with Gsdx Smile, and the reason why it isn't is bcuz of your graphics card, that graphics card is old (and is bottlenecking your pc) Smile, you should get a new one Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Release Context is my minor bug, it's could be ignored (does not do anything bad, really), but I could not fix it, I don't use Windows. And about you system... ZZogl use shader system VERY hard. 1950pro is nice card, but it's old AGP model, so probably I overload it's shader stream :-(. Maybe it would be nice to give for you an option to use a simplified shaders?

p.S. I am not understand this BLUR issue without picture. I know there is bug with KH2 (and FFXII movie) with AA 4x or more, but without aliasing? Maybe it's bilinear filtering blur?
Yeah I figured the release thing wasn't an issue, seems to just prevent the program from closing properly. Anyways, the card is actually pci-e, and yeah it's pretty old, but the specs should be good enough for running these I'd assume, anyways I took a quick screenshot of what I mean. It's like....transition effects, and when the camera pans over to something really fast and it blurs/etc. Perfect fps otherwise though, which is why I'm confused. Works fine if I turn on bilinear/aa up too, so I'd assume it isn't a performance issue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-25-2009, 03:23 PM)nopiez Wrote: It's like....transition effects, and when the camera pans over to something really fast and it blurs/etc. Perfect fps otherwise though
hmm yea, the same thing happens with me Smile (v-- and my gfx card is an IGP and i'm using only Gsdx Smile), so yea that is normal for crappy kind of graphics cards Smile Tongue
Windows 7 64bit

x1950pro is nice card, but have only 8 vertex shaders -- so for mine task it's to small (I use vertex shader + pixel shader for each texture, something also texture shader). I could recommend to you change shaders from full to reduced (in code, there is no option yet, sorry) and observe if there is speed-up.

And this effect look just as incorrect feedback texture (feedback are copy of screen, that could be used to obtain some nice effects like defocusing for background or whole-screen effects). At normal it should be placed over picture, so lines should be the same (see girl clothes, they are copy with zooming at right part of the screen). This feedback used shader for drawing, and maybe there is bug in videocard driver or in videocard itself (it is possible) or something like this (and there could be a dozen of others reasons). To be honest, I could not fix such thing :-(.
(06-25-2009, 04:43 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: I could recommend to you change shaders from full to reduced
how can he do that? Mellow (do you actually mean in the code? Mellow, can it be done in the shaders file? Unsure )
Windows 7 64bit

In ZZoglCreate.cpp, lines 938-952. Change this to

g_nPixelShaderVer = SHADER_REDUCED;

and it would be shaders-reduced. You could put here any value from 0 to 3.
Sorry to sound like a noob, but I really have no idea how to do that haha, could you point me towards what program I should use to edit it?

.7z   ZZOgl-r165m.7z (Size: 459,82 KB / Downloads: 2.408)
Windows 7 64bit