Cheating, the easy way
a lot of games have coppied addresses to fake cheaters. so attempt to find more then one, and modify the vales differently.

Sponsored links

It just seems kind of irrelevant w/r/t to this because the game is probably the easiest rpg i've ever played but, I suppose it makes sense. The way it works in game is that you progress up to 1 (or 3 later on), and when you do, you can use a special attack. This "state" lasts for 2 turns before it goes back to normal" I noticed that when the state was activated, one 8 byte entry in an address would get filled from 1 with what looked to be a max amount of bits for that entry, and the other values (1 byte, 2 byte, 4 byte) would change to zero from 1. changing these to either 1 or 0 would clear the entry entirely to zero.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
(05-22-2013, 12:08 AM)Saiki Wrote: a lot of games have coppied addresses to fake cheaters. so attempt to find more then one, and modify the vales differently.

I don't believe many (any) of those are designed to fake cheaters, as anyone who's altered such games can tell you it's only a very minor inconvenience at most.

More likely than not, they are probably just copies used for some specific task that requires them to be edited at some point without throwing off the original counter.

That's not to say that some developers don't intentionally make it more difficult, intentionally obfuscating memory values and what not... but simply making a dozen memory addresses match to try and hide it is highly ineffective Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thank you everyone for all the time spent helping. I am stumped myself however. I've used cheat engine with other programs before, but have never had any luck getting it to work with Xenosaga Episode 3 (NA version).

Basically, I'm not interested in the pre-made pnach codes like infinite health, money, super experience, etc. My beef with this game is that it's actually too easy, and I want to intentionally LOWER my character's stats! Sooo, I search for those stats using cheat engine, raise/lower them in game, search with cheat engine, and always end up with 2 values. One which is a display (it changes as soon as the numbers do, like when I'm wearing equipment and I'm merely scanning an alternative piece), and the other actually is the change that happens once I'm done changing it for real.

Point is none of my changes "stick", I try the lock (now called active) button, I try pointer freezing, I try to see if a pnach file could somehow make the change forced...it never works.

I even tried the increased/decreased method of searching, and those have the same problems. Thing is, I can't get ANY edits in this game to "stick" with cheat engine ever, period. What gives? I KNOW it can be done because: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vpc8eygg8s

Anybody have any ideas what's up? I'd appreciate any help/tips.
There are games(I don't know if this is one of them)that set your stats depending on the level you are and any change you do will either be ignored or the stats will be reverted at some point.
Hi all , i am still learning about cheat engine but keep having problems figuring out the address for time in Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires.

It is in this format : 30"00"00 and i want to make a code for infinite time so what do i key into the cheat engine or what should i use?

Can someone advise?
Try with value decreased and no change.
Just a question. Do we use 'word' or 'extended'?
I see a lot of the cheating guides say to use 'extended' in the pnatch creation but does it really matter?
If you simply create a single line write code you can specify the length as byte, short or word as required, with extended the length in those simple codes will be marked by first letter in an address.

Some examples:

if you freeze a value of 0xFFFFFFFF at 0x20123456
it can be either
patch=1,EE,20123456,extended,FFFFFFFF or patch=1,EE,20123456,word,FFFFFFFF

but if you only want to freeze 0xFFFF at the same address it would have to be either
patch=1,EE,10123456,extended,0000FFFF or patch=1,EE,20123456,short,0000FFFF

for freezing 0xFF it would be
patch=1,EE,00123456,extended,000000FF or patch=1,EE,20123456,byte,000000FF

In both uses you have to change something so same amount of work, but extended allows for WAY moreTongue. Basically any more advanced cheat with condition checks, key activation or multi line write will require it. You can find info on the net about PS2 code types(for example here) which you'll be able to use with extended, they're really usefull or even required in some situations. You can easily patch 200 or more addresses with 2 lines of code or for example turn on the cheat only for a location in game which uses it to avoid crashes and corruption.

Simply speaking extended is way more powerfull as long as you learn about those extra code types.
Unfortunately some code types are broken so things like pointers, non positive conditions, value increse and some other less usefull ones are not working, but those which do work already simplify some bothersome stuff when used correctly.
Hi. I have managed to create a few cheats for Soul Calibur 3, but those involve numeric values (eg. money, experience).

My question is: how do I obtain the addresses for non-numerical data (eg. unlocking armour, characters, missions)? And which values would I insert into those addresses?