I have written a save-editing utility for all versions of FFX. Please post any questions or comments regarding the use of FFXED with PCSX2 in this thread and I will address them as soon as I can.
1. Use FFXED to open your virtual memory card and edit a FFX save. In the PCSX2 menus, go to PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards to find the location of the virtual memory cards (Mcd001.ps2 and Mcd002.ps2). In Windows, this is usually the "Documents\PCSX2\memcards" directory. Make sure PCSX2 is not running when you edit your memory card! Otherwise, your memory card may become corrupted!
is required for FFXED to work with virtual memory cards. You will be prompted for the location of mymc.exe the first time you try to edit a virtual memory card. Here are some DLL files
which may be required for mymc to work.
- If FFXED.jar doesn't start up when you double-click it, first make sure you have the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment
installed on your machine.
- If you have installed Java and FFXED's JAR file is not associated with Java and some other program runs when you double-click it, run Jarfix
- If mymc complains about missing DLL files, you can download them here
. Extract them into the same folder as the rest of the mymc files.
- If you edit your save file and your edits do not show up when you play the game, check the following:
1. Make sure PCSX2 is not running when you edit your save file.
2. Make sure you are not loading any savestates through PCSX2. You should start the game normally and load your save file normally in-game.
3. Verify that you are editing the correct memory card. In the PCSX2 menus, check that PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards is pointing to the correct memory card directory.
4. Verify that your edits are being saved. After saving your edits, close FFXED and use it to open your save file again to make sure that the edits are still there.
- If you have further problems, post in this topic and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
(Size: 90,57 KB / Downloads: 74707)
(Size: 15,56 KB / Downloads: 24495)
Other files, including save files with the three different Sphere Grids, save files with ultimate equipment, and a list of additional symbols that can be entered into character names:
Optional FFXED Files.zip
(Size: 22,97 KB / Downloads: 22963)
If you want to use FFXED to skip to a certain point in the storyline, here are some helpful game coordinates:
FFX Game Coordinates
Standard Sphere Grid Index
Original Sphere Grid Index
As a backup, you can also download the latest version of FFXED from here:
This zip contains DLL files that might be required by mymc:
(Size: 300,58 KB / Downloads: 22192)
If the link to mymc is down, you can download it here:
(Size: 4,68 MB / Downloads: 11323)
I have also written some cheat codes to do things you can't do in FFXED, like swap character models and activate debugging flags. You can find those codes here: http://www.codemasters-project.net/vb/index.php