FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
Any way to change which character you control in the overworld (other than luca) and make the game use the high poly character models in cutscenes at all times ?

Sponsored links

Nope, that's not something that can be accomplished by save editing.
Dude if you made it compatible with nintendo switch saves and vita saves it'd be AMAZINNNNNNG. Especially if I could load up my vita or switch save then export to save it in the format the other expects!!!!!

Attached are some switch and vita saves

As far as I'm aware the 0x0-0x67ff in the Vita save starts at 0x08 on the NSX save. I'm not positive, but that seems to be how it works.

Also 0x0 in Vita apparently starts at 0x9400 on psu? not sure about that one at ALL.

Anyway the ffx_001 from NSX is a brand new game at the first save point.

Vita save details to help find offsets:
Tidus base HP is 520
Current MP 472
Gil is 834321

Note that if i take 0x0-0x67ff from vita and overwrite 0x08-0x6807 with it i can import the save on switch, but the title looks weird until i load it and save back over it again. not sure what's up there.

Let me know if you need any further details if you wanna update to do this. YOU ROCK!

Attached Files
.zip   FFX_Vita.zip (Size: 5,59 KB / Downloads: 232)
.zip   ffx_NSX.zip (Size: 2,91 KB / Downloads: 214)
It looks like the Switch saves are almost the same as the PC saves, but the data is shifted 8 bytes forward. Looks like there are 8 bytes of extra data at the beginning. It should be pretty easy to support that format, let me see what I can do.
I think I might have it working for Switch? At least, it loads the file you have in ffx_NSX.zip. I have it using the same checksum calculation as the PC version, which I dunno is correct or not.

I updated the first post with FFXED-beta-switch.jar, download it and try it out!
(07-18-2019, 10:01 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: I think I might have it working for Switch? At least, it loads the file you have in ffx_NSX.zip. I have it using the same checksum calculation as the PC version, which I dunno is correct or not.

I updated the first post with FFXED-beta-switch.jar, download it and try it out!

That's AWESOME! I'll give it a shot now. I do know that (for the export functionality) those first bytes before the data begins are reportedly ALWAYS the same, and apparently the file size always has to be the size of the file i sent you. I've been told removing the 00's at the end to do that works fine, but i'm not sure that's even necessary, as you're editing in place and not adding anything afaik. I'll see if I can make edits and reload it, and I'll also make several different saves for you from the vanilla game so you can confirm any other details you'd need for an export function if that's possible.

The vita version should be relatively easy too as, for the purposes of the important data, I believe it just starts at 0x00 in the file.
Thanks for so quickly looking at this. You rock.

Update:
Just edited my first save and gave myself 99 of a few items. Clicked save, imported with Checkpoint, worked GREAT!!!!!!!!! Let me know if you want/need more untouched save files for switch. Additionally if you need any more saves from vita I can provide those as well.

Final Note:
My Switch loaded the edited save with no issues, so if there is some kind of checksum verification taking place, it doesn't seem to have affected anything on my system. Additionally if it's due to using homebrew for the import/export, it still doesn't matter because afaik this is the only way to get a usable copy of the save anyway.
(07-19-2019, 12:00 AM)ShadwDrgn Wrote: Final Note:
My Switch loaded the edited save with no issues, so if there is some kind of checksum verification taking place, it doesn't seem to have affected anything on my system. Additionally if it's due to using homebrew for the import/export, it still doesn't matter because afaik this is the only way to get a usable copy of the save anyway.

Cool. I've updated the first post with a new version of the FFXED Switch beta. This one doesn't try to calculate the checksum, it just leaves it as zeroes. Can you try it and see if FFX is able to read a save file edited by it?
I updated the first post with a new version of FFXED which can read PS Vita saves. Try it out and let me know if it works.

The PS Vita save file had some "extra" data from offset 64F6 to 650F. I have no idea what this is, and FFXED just ignores it and drops it from the save file. Let me know if you notice any unusual behavior.

Also, please still test the FFXED-beta-switch.jar (this one has the zeroed out checksum).
(07-19-2019, 08:07 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: I updated the first post with a new version of FFXED which can read PS Vita saves. Try it out and let me know if it works.

The PS Vita save file had some "extra" data from offset 64F6 to 650F. I have no idea what this is, and FFXED just ignores it and drops it from the save file. Let me know if you notice any unusual behavior.

Also, please still test the FFXED-beta-switch.jar (this one has the zeroed out checksum).

Will take a look at this as soon as I get the chance. Thanks for your work on this. Posted you on reddit too!
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxing/comments/cf0gna/ffx_hd_save_editor/
(07-19-2019, 08:07 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: I updated the first post with a new version of FFXED which can read PS Vita saves. Try it out and let me know if it works.

Just tested with both switch AND vita using FFXED-beta-switch-vita.jar, and it worked fine on both. loaded a backed up save, made some changes, saved it, restored and played. No issues at all on either system!