God of War 1 green environment issue
(06-22-2012, 06:11 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: CRC hacks are not enabled when using full boot.

Most games should have the correct CRC hack applied also when using full boot (and I just tested with GOW1, and the crc hack is applied for me in full boot).

1/2 off topic:
If you (or Abdo123) know of specific games which detect the CRC correctly in boot (fast) but not in full boot, then please report the bug (game, part-number, crc, bios used). I'm not sure we currently have a test case for this bug.

Sponsored links

This is news to me, bositmans been saying for ages that they weren't applied with fullboot D:
So, have any of you actually seen* a game where fast boot applies the crc hacks but full boot doesn't? If you have, please post the full details as I specified above, such that we can reproduce it. Thanks.

* There's one class of cases where the crc is not being recognized, and that's with some pirated games/loaders, but this doesn't interest us.
(06-22-2012, 08:20 PM)avih Wrote: So, have any of you actually seen* a game where fast boot applies the crc hacks but full boot doesn't? If you have, please post the full details as I specified above, such that we can reproduce it. Thanks.

* There's one class of cases where the crc is not being recognized, and that's with some pirated games/loaders, but this doesn't interest us.

well actually the same problem happened ( green screen ) because it was the first time i run it so i run it in full not fast it booted normally and then ... !

so i sticked to fast boot and never had such problem

that problem was @ 0.9.6 though ZZZZZ

(06-22-2012, 08:12 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: This is news to me, bositmans been saying for ages that they weren't applied with fullboot D:

i remember Bositman saying the same thing lol ....
(06-23-2012, 01:05 AM)abdo123 Wrote: well actually the same problem happened ( green screen ) because it was the first time i run it so i run it in full not fast it booted normally and then ... !

so i sticked to fast boot and never had such problem

that problem was @ 0.9.6 though ZZZZZ

i remember Bositman saying the same thing lol ....

So can you please test this again (with the same DVD/ISO) in 0.98 and/or SVN and report back? Thanks.
OK but i have to wait till Sunday when i finish my last exam ( yeah freedom )
Whenever you can. Thanks.
Yeah that was lots of months back. It's pretty possible this has been fixed by now.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-23-2012, 01:12 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah that was lots of months back. It's pretty possible this has been fixed by now.

well that's explains it Tongue

still i am going to test though ...
I instaled the last SVN revision (r5335) and it seems neither my GoW or GoW seem to be on the crc list, here are the codes:
GoW: 0xCF148C74 (PAL)
GoW2: 0x60BC362B (PAL)

I would, aprreciate the help. Thanks