Hex Hax for PC Games
(07-02-2010, 02:05 PM)Snowolf69 Wrote: And thanks for introducing me to Cheat Engine as well since I clearly missed it somehow.

You should also take a look at ArtMoney.
I have tried a lot of those kind of programs but this one is simply the best(well at least for me)

Or if you want something hardcore,try MHS

With ArtMoney first to make your life easier you could add the address range that pcsx2 uses(this will decrease the searching time by a lot...which do you thing is faster,searching through 1gb ram(if you have 1gb)or 32mb).Also since you added the address range,ArtMoney will automatically convert the cheat when you click on the address(2 times slowly...like renaming)to the actual address the pcsx2 use.

There a tons of other extras but I'll leave it to you to check them.

PS.You can use Phaste to find the base address easily.

Sponsored links

Cool, nice app. Another one that works with pc games and PCSX2 is a program called Art Money. The basics are the same, u can edit, save and freeze values.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
i have Final Fantasy IX all edited and stuff, you can control how your battles go, how your characters learn abilities. you can have everything for everyone when you hit Evil Forest. And im not talking about PEC either. Its a Cheat Engine File. Yeah hex editing is nice, but another advanced form of hacking is PACKET EDITING wOOO!!! and mentioned above ollydbg is used for making hacks for first person shooter games like combat arms modern warfare 2 and counter strike.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
Nothing better like reviving old threads with an offtopic... Tongue

Through looking at what vsub wrote like a year ago I would like to add to this:
Code:
With ArtMoney first to make your life easier you could add the address range that pcsx2 uses
that cheat engine actually have same option and I'm pretty sure it was there from quite a few years.Tongue
yeah, its an enteresting thread, it was a better read than the boring questions that people keep asking "why is my game slow" pshh lol but yeah cheat engine rocks, too bad it doesnt have a packet edit option.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
Cheating in multiplayer games kills the very idea of those games, personally I'm against it.
(08-14-2011, 06:46 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Cheating in multiplayer games kills the very idea of those games, personally I'm against it.

Same.

I'm actually against cheating for everything as a whole from Single Player to Multiplayer. I just can't stand Cheating... at all.
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
(08-14-2011, 06:26 AM)miseru99 Wrote:
Code:
With ArtMoney first to make your life easier you could add the address range that pcsx2 uses
that cheat engine actually have same option and I'm pretty sure it was there from quite a few years.Tongue

If you mean
Quote:Memory Scan Options
Start
End
...well,that kind of option probably every program of this kind have.In ArtMoney case you specify the memory range that the emulator use in special file for that and there you can type the memory range for a lot of emulators and pc games.Once you choose you choose from ArtMoney search options "Address Range=>Emulator" the program automatically set the memory range for the process(of course if the info for the process exist in file for the memory range)

Once you find the cheat you need and click on it ArtMoney automatically calculates the address that you can use in pnach(I didn't see such a thing in Cheat Engine).That option was good for pcsx2 before but now it's not really needed because the only calculation you have to do now is to remove the first digit of the address you find(since pcsx2 memory range start exactly from 20000000)
Oh soo it allows to save profiles, feels nice, through I'm staying with CE for ability to make cheating scripts easily or hotkeys which allow to use cheats like trainers, I'm pretty much used to it too much to change. Alternative is always nice to have through.
Code:
you have to do now is to remove the first digit of the address you find
Why removing first digit? Did .pnach format changed in time? Couse althrough I rarely use .pnach myself, but when I do, I use exactly same adresses I find and it works like it should.
The memory that PS2/PCSX2 uses is 00000000 - 01FFFFFF
In CE/ArtMoney the starting address is 20000000,the 2 in front in pnach act as code type depending if you are going to use byte/short/word or extended.

Placing 2 in front and using extended(which maybe everyone use now)will make every code that you use to modify 4 one byte values not just one
00000004 00000010
00000003 00000020
00000002 00000030
00000001 00000040

20000001 10203040
If you are going to use extended for short type value(0-65535/0-FFFF)you have to place 1 in front to modify 2 one byte values and 0 for byte type values(0-255/0-FF)to modify one one 1 byte value.

You can leave it to 2 but only if you are going to use byte/short/word or if you are going to modify 4 one byte values(4 addresses)at once(here you use extended)