ICO Performance and Compatability?
For the sake of knowledge only:
Put my hand in my very large pants and took out an ICO disc. Dusty it is, and stuff.

Well, it crashes for me also when I use GSDX revs up to 0.1.14 873.
And, oh miracle, when GSDX rev 887 is used ICO loads without any tricks.

P.S. Ok, but when it loads, lillypad goes from erect mode into non-working mode Laugh had to switch to twinpad.
P.P.S. Yay, it's full speed except for the screen "fade ins/fade outs" which are slow and choppy-like.
P.P.P.S. With the default GSDX settings thereis a white fog/shadow/whaever-horse-crap-that-is thing ingame. You run into it, and you feel, like, almost invisible, mostly because you can't see yourself Laugh

Sponsored links

I don't have that GSDX plugin, is there anywhere to download it? Could you upload it to rapidshare or something if not? I got it running with ZeroGS but it runs quite slow and there's artifacts all over the place.
(04-04-2009, 05:02 PM)tmnt Wrote: I don't have that GSDX plugin, is there anywhere to download it? Could you upload it to rapidshare or something if not? I got it running with ZeroGS but it runs quite slow and there's artifacts all over the place.

I remember that 3rd party builds are kind of not allowed to this board. You will need to wait a bit, Krakatos will post it in the betas thread within a week.
OK I got past the cutscene right at the beginning when they seal the doors by pressing start a lot, but anyone know how to get rid of the white fog?
I saw on the compatibility list that ICO is fully playable you say so too, so maybe somoene could post me the right configuration of plugins (and which plugins do i have to use) because i just can't do it for myself, tried a lot of times and always ICO doesn't even enter main menu. Please, help me (if u can).Blush
doesnt work for me either.
Try running it with both "run > execute" and "file > run cd/dvd"
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
The game works just fine, you need to start it via run > execute though.
And don't forget to set EErec and VUrec clamping to extra in Advanced.
(07-11-2009, 03:36 AM)rama Wrote: The game works just fine,
No it won't (4me) ...
(07-11-2009, 03:36 AM)rama Wrote: you need to start it via run > execute though.
tried...
(07-11-2009, 03:36 AM)rama Wrote: And don't forget to set EErec and VUrec clamping to extra in Advanced.
...and I have this set as U told and nothing, always the same error pcsx2 exe has encountered a problem blablabla [send] [dont send].
I've tried different bioses, plugins and still no luck. The best I've got from my configuration is this:
[Image: 321i.th.png]
[Image: 4323.th.png]
-> game unplayable. FPS - decent, sound IS, but buggy, with something like metallic echo.
Look I post my cfg here, and you just tell me what do I have to change in it, cause otherwise I will never run this game.
config
graphic plugin
CPU cfg
in gamefixes those 2 options - off
speed hacks
advanced
Correct these settings, please.

edit; hardware - athlon x2 5200+ @ 2,7ghz, 4/3GB Ram 800mhz, wind xp sp3, geforce 9800GTX+ 512
You're using the stable release of PCSX2. Try to use the latest beta and see if that works for you. When I was playing ICO on PCSX2, I was using revision 1059 so it might be more compatible with a later release than what you have.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB