ICO Performance and Compatability?
The shadows..

Sponsored links

Ah, ok. Those are pretty easy to just accept.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(04-04-2009, 05:22 AM)tmnt Wrote: Yeah every solution I've found from searching doesn't work, it either needs software rendering to boot, or it just crashes. Lame.

As far as plugins go, I'm just using the stuff from the latest beta plugin package, and I'm using the latest PCSX2 beta, but I've also tried 0.9.6 which also didn't work.

i will get back to u on my settings it is working fine but i am using save state to save my game do you have any idea if this game can be save i press start and select it dosen't work.
I am using ICO EU version pcsx2-beta-1474
Advanced EE extra + preserve sign
VU Extra+preserve signe
No speed hacks
Normal for CPU settings
GSDX rev 1479 MSVC 15 sse3 0.1.15
Native Direct 10 hardware
wait vsync
SPU2-x 1.1.0 defult settings
Ninja
Doesn't ICO use save points? Yeah, you don't pause and select "Save Game" or anything like that, you sit on the chair with the girl and then the save menu comes up doesn't it? Or are you saying that when you sit on the chair, you still can't save?
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
I've noticed an interesting issue with Ico, but I can't tell if it's the emulator or my pad.

Occassionally (and quite randomly) Ico (and also Yorda) will go in the wrong direction. for example, at the start just before the 1st save point, Ico has to help Yorda up to get to the next area. Ico moves around just fine, but for whatever reason, Yorda insists on running to the south-east all the time.
Ico did this when under my control on the balcony outside the castle just before Yorda gets lowered down.

I'm not sure if its my controller or not, i'm using a controller that looks like a ps2 controller but with a usb connection, and it works fine most of the time.
I have a spare controller that's a bit newer. I'm going to try that too, just to eliminate that possibility, but considering it only happens sometime, I'm wondering if its a problem with either pcsx2 or the lilypad plugin.

BTW, Ico does use save points. L_M is right Laugh
(07-11-2009, 03:36 AM)rama Wrote: The game works just fine, you need to start it via run > execute though.
And don't forget to set EErec and VUrec clamping to extra in Advanced.

^ That.
I tried this to no avail. Not only does it seem to make the emulator a bit more unstable for me (crashed four time before working), It doesn't fix the problem with the controller. I've tried resetting and clearing the entries in the lilypad plugin, but it doesn't help.
Smile 
Hi Rolleyes

I want write here one advice for people, who will be have similar problem like me. When I was started game ICO, I had always black screen, but emulator (pcsx2_0.9.6) wasn't frozen. I tried different version ICO and different setting plugins and EMU, but nothing work.
Today, I found topic where someone wrote, that he must run this game only using "Run->Execute...". I tried it, and... BANZAI! Biggrin

Soo... if you will be have similar problem, you can try this. Smile
Maybe no-one's quite getting me. I can run ICO no problem but my controller is doing wierd stuff like sending the characters in directions without me asking to. I've tried calibrating the pads I don't know how many times, but nothhnig works. It's also started to creep into other games like shadow of the colossus which I am also running off the DVD. Both games run ok, about 25-25 fps, but getting the controllers not doing wacky things would be handy and a lot easier to play without fighting with my controller!
I use this pad with other emulation tools like pj64 and epsxe, no problems. just does this on pcsx2 emulations.
what is causing the issues?