Klonoa 2 having no water textures, flickers instead
(07-06-2014, 02:45 PM)ShadedTear Wrote: What graphics card and driver are you using? If it's Nvidia try downgrading to 335.23 WHQL as the latest WHQL is known for causing missing textures/flickering in PCSX2.

I haven't tested it myself but if downgrading is a no-go I have heard that the latest beta drivers also fix the missing textures.

Edit: Ftr, I assume that software mode would be unaffected by drivers, etc etc since it's driven by the CPU but . . . Worth a shot.
http://i.imgur.com/kFeotrD.jpg

Sponsored links

Well . . . I dunno what to tell ya at that point. I'm very unfamiliar with AMD. Sorry.
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]
You were brave
Hi, i've registered to give you this answer ...
You must activate full boot, the full bios booting triggers some patches which lets to missing graphics to appear (remember to tick automatic gamefix, untick manual gamefix and set EE/IOP clamping to full !!!) ... For me it works !
The real problem is that every time, at "Volk city", when klonoa enters the first door the game crashes badly, despite the Compatibility tab in the PCSX2 site says not.

At the time, therefore, the game can not be completed, at least for me (PAL game, I7 4770, 8 GB RAM, WIN 8.1 64bit, DX11, Nvidia GTX 760, driver 335.23, last PCSX2 SVN).

PS: If you want to hear the ingame sounds you must set audio plugin (SPU2-X) to "Async Mix" and put the Latency at 6 ms or less ...

PPS: PCSX2 is a very great piece of software ... thanx to the developers !!!

PPPS: sorry for may bad english ... Rolleyes

Biggrin
I was already using full boot, it had nothing to do with the water. Also the volk city problem can easily be fixed, here is the fix

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Klonoa-2-...City-level
I solved with this trick, tested many times ... with i see water and green fields on introduction of the game, without i see nothing and the water in the map and in some stages seems like garbage ...

I knew the solution for crash that you post, but also the game for me crash every time ...

Notice in the emu log if with full boot the patch for fixing graphics is correctly loaded and control if gamefix auto is ticked and manual is unticked.
(07-06-2014, 09:35 PM)klonoah Wrote: I solved with this trick, tested many times ... with i see water and green fields on introduction of the game, without i see nothing and the water in the map and in some stages seems like garbage ...
You mean you restart the game until you see stuff on the title screen? I have yet to see grass there once.
(07-06-2014, 09:47 PM)Shippou5 Wrote: You mean you restart the game until you see stuff on the title screen? I have yet to see grass there once.

No, if i tick full boot with bios when i start the game i see grass on introduction and water in the game but sometimes a flickering texture (I.E.: the bells ...), if i untick fullboot and start the game i don't see nothing but garbage ...
I must say it's better not to see the water for you than crashing whole game at volk city like on my computer ...

Another question, please, is your game PAL or NTSC?
For non crashing game you have ticked some strange option ???
(07-06-2014, 09:57 PM)klonoah Wrote: No, if i tick full boot with bios when i start the game i see grass on introduction and water in the game but sometimes a flickering texture (I.E.: the bells ...), if i untick fullboot and start the game i don't see nothing but garbage ...
I must say it's better not to see the water for you than crashing whole game at volk city like on my computer ...

Another question, please, is your game PAL or NTSC?
For non crashing game you have ticked some strange option ???
I actually have no idea which version I am using. Also how do you even tick stuff in the bios?
(07-07-2014, 08:30 AM)Shippou5 Wrote: I actually have no idea which version I am using.
should be written on your game's original box
Quote: Also how do you even tick stuff in the bios?
you don't it's just a selection you make in pcsx2 (system>fast boot or system>full boot
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go