Native Mac Testing Build
(05-17-2020, 05:27 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: Known Issues
The Onepad controller mapping GUI is for keyboards only. If you're using a game controller, launch a game and see if it works. If not, use this tool to create a new controller mapping, open ~/Library/Application Support/PCSX2/inis/PAD.ini, and add SDL2 = mapping to the end of it (where mapping is the one generated earlier). If you'd like, you can make a PR with your mapping here and it will be included in a future version of PCSX2.

I had thought that I did this correctly, but I'm wondering if I did it faultily and if that explains why the controller is not working. I pressed the "new controller mapping button," opened the Pad.ini file, and added SDL2 = [long mapping code]. Did I miss something or misunderstand the instructions?

Any help would be excellent. PCSX2 is the one emulator that I can't get working thanks to the controller issues.

Sponsored links

(03-21-2022, 03:01 PM)Haeralis Wrote: I had thought that I did this correctly, but I'm wondering if I did it faultily and if that explains why the controller is not working. I pressed the "new controller mapping button," opened the Pad.ini file, and added SDL2 = [long mapping code]. Did I miss something or misunderstand the instructions?

Any help would be excellent. PCSX2 is the one emulator that I can't get working thanks to the controller issues.

Can you past the mapping here?
With a standard DualShock you shouldn't have to touch PAD.ini at all though. I've attached mine, for reference (renamed to .txt to make the forum accept it).

Attached Files
.txt   PAD.ini.txt (Size: 416 bytes / Downloads: 179)
Hello again, I completed Jak and Daxter by 99% and dropped my first game review in the wiki. The game has been an absolute joy playing - and still is. Congratulations!
Hello,

I think I just discovered one of the strangest and annoying bugs; when playing Tourist Trophy (PAL version / French), I've figured out how to cause my computer to crash completely, needing to restart in safe mode to regain access to my session Ohmy 

I'm on a MacBook Pro 2016, Intel processor, up to date with all its updates. A computer that works flawlessly: never the slightest suspicious crash, plenty of space on the hard drive...

I put the game in arcade mode, I select "Time Attack", I take a road bike and pick any track. The game starts and everything works fine. But if I have the misfortune to try to change the view, it crashes instantly with the error:

"panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7fb1a5fbd5): "Submission on work queue 17 failed due to insufficient space!\n" @IGGuC.cpp:2899
Panicked task 0xffffff9029df8670: 15 threads: pid 767: PCSX2
Backtrace (CPU 2), panicked thread: 0xffffff8b5f764550, Frame : Return Address"

Considering the consequences Glare I have a hard time finding any reason for this bug. I can't read the PCSX2 logs, and I can't continue testing for fear of damaging something on the Mac. I changed the graphics settings, I swapped the bike and track to try, but it still produce an instant crash whatever the combination. All this with the Metal renderer, I didn't try with Vulkan.

Strangely enough, Tourist Trophy in all other game modes seems to work without problems; I can change the view without causing mayhem. I don't understand why the "Time Attack" mode causes such a cataclysm. Maybe someone with the right tools and knowledge could try to look at ?

Apart from this annoying bug, this branch of PCSX2 is more and more efficient. It's a true delight to rediscover my old games, thank you TellowKrinkle  Cool
If the GPU driver crashes, it's a GPU driver issue, report it to Apple.
Of course it would be possible to try and find a workaround to avoid getting the driver in that particular state, but it's still a macOS issue that Apple should fix.
(03-27-2022, 09:56 AM)trevize Wrote: If the GPU driver crashes, it's a GPU driver issue, report it to Apple.
Of course it would be possible to try and find a workaround to avoid getting the driver in that particular state, but it's still a macOS issue that Apple should fix.

I've already reported it to Apple, with each crash. I had the impression that it was a "Kernel Panic"; what makes you think it’s GPU related ?
I've noticed your recently released version, so I've tested the latest version 2022-03-25 pcsx2

when I change between OpenGL and Software, once I open in OpenGL it says in the log: see attachment for difference.
Code:
Your GL driver does not support program binaries. Hopefully it has a built-in cache.
So in Software mode is fine, but not good in OpenGL, unless in version 2022-01-25 pcsx2. (in case, Vulkan and Metal is not supported in my iMac 2011)
the issue is still there, those blacks are still present in the latest pcsx2 2022-03-25
but note, the 2022-01-25 pcsx2 is totally fine

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-27-2022, 12:42 PM)Sylv1 Wrote: I had the impression that it was a "Kernel Panic"; what makes you think it’s GPU related ?

It's both. Kernel Panic is the general term for when the OS crashes (macOS equivalent of a bluescreen), and you can see that the panic was in IGGuC.cpp. IG probably stands for Intel Graphics, and the GuC (Graphics µController) is a component of Intel's GPUs. So the panic happened inside of the graphics driver. I'll see if I can reproduce it on my computer, but you can try the Vulkan renderer for now and see if that helps. Otherwise, the software renderer is almost guaranteed to not have issues.

And I wouldn't worry about long-term damage to your computer. Only the short-term annoyance of having to restart everything.
(03-28-2022, 10:31 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: It's both.  Kernel Panic is the general term for when the OS crashes (macOS equivalent of a bluescreen), and you can see that the panic was in IGGuC.cpp.  IG probably stands for Intel Graphics, and the GuC (Graphics µController) is a component of Intel's GPUs.  So the panic happened inside of the graphics driver.  I'll see if I can reproduce it on my computer, but you can try the Vulkan renderer for now and see if that helps.  Otherwise, the software renderer is almost guaranteed to not have issues.

And I wouldn't worry about long-term damage to your computer.  Only the short-term annoyance of having to restart everything.

All right, thanks for the answer. I totally missed the "IGGuC.cpp" part.

I know it doesn't hurt the computer, but it's still impressive. The first few crashes went "fine", then I stopped when it refused to boot normally and made me start into safe mode. That put a damper on things for me.

Otherwise, I tryed with Vulkan and can confirm that the bug is not present - I can change view without a hitch. This confirmed what I already knew: it's impossible to play without the Metal renderer. This is still a base MacBook Pro that will soon reach its sixth birthday, and every FPS counts. It's already a small miracle to be able to play GT4 and Tourist Trophy at 50 FPS stable after years with nothing Cool