Native Mac Testing Build
So is there a way to map 2 Joypad by editing PAD.ini?
Any help?
Thank you.

Sponsored links

TellowKrinkle: I don't know what changes were made in the latest version, which I didn't see last time I posted here Ninja but it works now fine on my computer. No more crashes on Tourist Trophy, thanks a lot  Happy
(04-14-2022, 04:07 PM)iPlasm Wrote: Yeah!

Thanks, TellowKrinkle
With your newly released PCSX2 Mac version 2022-04-10 date, 
You've now fixed the black with lines graphical issue that was appearing in Shadow the hedgehog since versions 2022-02-07 and after.

the last good one was PCSX2 Mac 2022-01-25, now it's fine PCSX2 Mac 2022-04-10  Smile  but the drag & drop files doesn't work Tongue2

What I guess is the real cause was PCSX2 master?  Huh

PCSX2 Mac OpenGL is kind of broken due to macOS OpenGL not supporting texture barriers, while PCSX2 code assumes that texture barriers will be supported.  Starting with 04-10, you should be able to avoid most (but not all) barrier situations by setting blending to Minimum.

For drag & drop, it seems to be an issue with the newer wx that I've been using for the 64-bit builds.  You can try the 32-bit build if your computer is older, or for newer computers, it will hopefully be fixed in the first official build of PCSX2 Mac (coming soon™).
Got the 64-bit version running on MacOS 10.13.3. I'm running NCAA 06. Vulkan is the only Graphics plugin that works fully. OpenGL loads NCAA 06 and works in front end but crashes/quits when I proceed into gameplay.

In Vulkan, texture replacement WORKS. It loads custom textures Library/Application Support/PCSX2/textures, however the texture dumping feature is not working for me. I get the following error when I try :

"Failed to dump texture to Library/Application Support/PCSX2/textures/"

Should I be able to dump textures on the Mac version or is that still a WIP?
(04-26-2022, 10:25 AM)planetps2 Wrote: Got the 64-bit version running on MacOS 10.13.3. I'm running NCAA 06. Vulkan is the only Graphics plugin that works fully. OpenGL loads NCAA 06 and works in front end but crashes/quits when I proceed into gameplay.

In Vulkan, texture replacement WORKS. It loads custom textures Library/Application Support/PCSX2/textures, however the texture dumping feature is not working for me. I get the following error when I try :

"Failed to dump texture to Library/Application Support/PCSX2/textures/"

Should I be able to dump textures on the Mac version or is that still a WIP?

What about Metal?

If it crashes, please post the crashlog.

And yes dumping should work (and does work on my computer)
(03-05-2022, 06:41 PM)iPlasm Wrote: Dude you're right, exactly version 20220207 (with recent versions too) is causing graphical issues to games, plus it can no longer drag & drop game images.
So version 20220125 (drag&drop works too) is the best right now.

Dear TellowKrinkle, What caused in version 2022-02-07 (plus 2022-02-10 and 2022-03-02) to break GPU issues?
one thing good in version 2022-02-07 (and recent) is it does great job in widescreen 16:9, and not good in old versions.

Thanks

Hello, in Mac, does the widescreen patch works or not? I tried myself several ways, but only get stretched widescreen, the patch seemed not work. I tried to make my own modification through cheat engine, but there are two many hits on search memory. May you help me with some better way about playing 3d game in "real" widesreen? Thx!
(04-14-2022, 09:42 PM)marus Wrote: So is there a way to map 2 Joypad by editing PAD.ini?
Any help?
Thank you.

Pad.ini stuff is covered in the first post.
Hello! First post, I just registered as I can´t find a solution.

>> Impossible to switch the gamepad to Analog mode. I did all the PAD.ini setup, my PS4 Pad works really good but the analog button who is recognized as "guide" under gamepad-tool doesn´t work under PCSX2. Analog button is also greyed out in the pad Settings directly even if this setting window is no use I know.

In Ridge Racer V the missing of the analog button make the game really hard to control. Under windows PCSX2 has the analog button working, but impossible to import the windows INI in mac as the naming of the buttons is completely different.

And also no rumble in any game.

If anyone has an idea it would be awesome. Thanks guys.
What specs are required to run the Mac port of PCSX2 at good speeds? My Desktop is quite old and I'm looking into getting a 2019 model, would that do the job? When I try and run PCSX2 on my old Mac, the speeds are bad and the fan goes into overdrive after 2 minutes.
(05-22-2022, 11:27 PM)HMG_007 Wrote: What specs are required to run the Mac port of PCSX2 at good speeds? My Desktop is quite old and I'm looking into getting a 2019 model, would that do the job? When I try and run PCSX2 on my old Mac, the speeds are bad and the fan goes into overdrive after 2 minutes.

Pretty much any Mac from 2014 or later with 4 physical cores will play most games fine

That could be...
  • A 2014+ iMac, excluding the super cheap ones with laptop CPUs
  • A 2014+ 15" MacBook Pro
  • A 2018+ 13" MacBook Pro
  • A 2018+ Mac Mini
  • An M1 MacBook Air (Technically the last Intel ones had 4 cores, but I don't trust those to actually run at a decent speed)
Do note that it still depends on the game.  Some games won't run well on anything, and many games will run fine on a 2-core Mac (especially the 2016+ ones with Skylake processors).

What's your current Mac?  Most iMacs don't have noticeable fan noise, even under heavy load...