Native Mac Testing Build
budoukai tenkaichi 3 clash

Sponsored links

Hello, I've installed the emulator without problems.
The only issue I am founding is that I cannot play with my ps4 controller.
I've followed the instruction and tried to modify the PAD.ini file as follow:

first_time_wizard = 0
options = 0
mouse_sensibility = 100
ff_intensity = 1
uid[0] = 0
uid[1] = 0
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x0 = 0
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x1 = 15
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x2 = 14
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x3 = 13
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x9 = 8
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0xd = 2
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0xe = 12
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x22 = 4
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x23 = 3
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x25 = 5
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x26 = 7
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x28 = 6
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x29 = 1
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x2d = 11
SDL2 = 030000004c050000c405000000010000,PS4 Controller,a:b1,b:b2,back:b8,dpdown:h0.4,dpleft:h0.8,dpright:h0.2,dpup:h0.1,guide:b12,leftshoulder:b4,leftstick:b10,lefttrigger:a3,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightshoulder:b5,rightstick:b11,righttrigger:a4,rightx:a2,righty:a5,start:b9,x:b0,y:b3,platform:Mac OS X,

but it still doesn't work.

My pad is connected with a USB Cable and it is perfectly detected by gamepad-tool software, so from this side there aren't any anomalies.
I cannot find a solution, I hope that someone knows how to fix this problem
Hi,
thanks for this Mac os build, it's really good.
I configured my 8bitdo pad but it works perfectly only if wired.
Anyway, is there a way to map 2 Joypad by editing PAD.ini?
Thank you again.
(04-05-2022, 02:41 PM)Tempoh Wrote: ...

My pad is connected with a USB Cable and it is perfectly detected by gamepad-tool software, so from this side there aren't any anomalies.
I cannot find a solution, I hope that someone knows how to fix this problem

Like some people, my controller never wanted to work. I finally found a workaround:

Go to the applications folder of your mac, right click on PCSX2 and then "show package content".

Then go to the "Resources" folder, open the "game_controller_db.txt" file with a text editor and modify the gamepad settings here. Save, get out of here and restart PCSX2. Just in case, make a backup copy of this file before modifying it.

I deleted almost all the content of this file and kept only what concerns my controller. It looks like this:

Code:
# Game Controller DB for SDL in 2.0.16 format

# Mac OS X
03000000c82d00003028000000010000,8Bitdo SFC30 GamePad,platform:Mac OS X,a:b1,b:b0,x:b4,y:b3,back:b10,start:b11,leftshoulder:b6,rightshoulder:b7,dpup:-a1,dpdown:+a1,dpleft:-a0,dpright:+a0,

And thats all. It's a bit radical, but everything now works flawlessly  Cool
I wonder whether it's a specific model of controller causing the problem. Mine (PS4) has always worked fine without touching any files, and it's model CUH-ZCT2E. It's been fine under OS 11.6 and 12.3.

If you're using an official PS4 controller and having trouble, what model is it?
I found out that slowdowns on my MacOs 10.9.5 system only occure noticeable when preload textures is not activated, with texture preload there only a short minimal slowdown and fps is normal again in no time. So speed problem mainly cleared.

Interestingly pcsx220210327 has no slowdowns at all at the games that have slight slowdowns at certain points (like Gradius IV at the first level boss), not even for a second. No idea why.
amazing port! great work. is there any possibility to somehow enable true fullscreen start within macOS? its always in a very large window mode. I'm using EmulationStation desktop edition as a frontend and finally got to to add my ps2 collection with your great port of this app. however as it starts in window mode even with "start in fullscreen enabled" I have to manually switch the desktop apps and then click on pcsx2, then use the green enter fullscreen toggle to actually get full screen. maybe its the application itself but so frustrating. maybe there is a solution. any help appreciated. everything's works great apart from that issue.
(04-06-2022, 04:41 PM)Sylv1 Wrote: Like some people, my controller never wanted to work. I finally found a workaround:

Go to the applications folder of your mac, right click on PCSX2 and then "show package content".

Then go to the "Resources" folder, open the "game_controller_db.txt" file with a text editor and modify the gamepad settings here. Save, get out of here and restart PCSX2. Just in case, make a backup copy of this file before modifying it.

I deleted almost all the content of this file and kept only what concerns my controller. It looks like this:

Code:
# Game Controller DB for SDL in 2.0.16 format

# Mac OS X
03000000c82d00003028000000010000,8Bitdo SFC30 GamePad,platform:Mac OS X,a:b1,b:b0,x:b4,y:b3,back:b10,start:b11,leftshoulder:b6,rightshoulder:b7,dpup:-a1,dpdown:+a1,dpleft:-a0,dpright:+a0,

And thats all. It's a bit radical, but everything now works flawlessly  Cool

Fine, how can manage it if you need 2 controllers?
(04-10-2022, 08:19 PM)marus Wrote: Fine, how can manage it if you need 2 controllers?

Sorry, I have no idea and worse, I can't try anything. I only have one usable controller on this mac, since wired Xbox 360 controllers are no longer recognized Glare

(03-28-2022, 10:31 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: It's both.  Kernel Panic is the general term for when the OS crashes (macOS equivalent of a bluescreen), and you can see that the panic was in IGGuC.cpp.  IG probably stands for Intel Graphics, and the GuC (Graphics µController) is a component of Intel's GPUs.  So the panic happened inside of the graphics driver.  I'll see if I can reproduce it on my computer, but you can try the Vulkan renderer for now and see if that helps.  Otherwise, the software renderer is almost guaranteed to not have issues.

And I wouldn't worry about long-term damage to your computer.  Only the short-term annoyance of having to restart everything.

I just tried to cause the issue again, to see if the latest Mac update had improved things.

Unsurprisingly the answer is no, the game still hangs as soon as I try to change view of the bike, but I managed to force crash the emulator before the computer shut down completely and took the opportunity to create a blockdump.

It’s available here, if you ever want to take a look and see if anything is exploitable: https://we.tl/t-qDpxrJ5X5V
Wink 
Yeah!

Thanks, TellowKrinkle
With your newly released PCSX2 Mac version 2022-04-10 date, 
You've now fixed the black with lines graphical issue that was appearing in Shadow the hedgehog since versions 2022-02-07 and after.

the last good one was PCSX2 Mac 2022-01-25, now it's fine PCSX2 Mac 2022-04-10  Smile but the drag & drop files doesn't work Tongue2

What I guess is the real cause was PCSX2 master?  Huh