New speed hack - VU Cycle Stealing
When I say "danger", I'm talking about the game not running like expected (various bugs, weird behavior, varies from game to game). It's not like it will damage your computer or something. 99% of the existing programs can't damage hardware, so keep it cool. Wink (and just to make it clear, when I say 99% of them, I mean the majority).

Sorry for my bad english.

Sponsored links

^_^ Got it now. I got a little scared back there. thx for the info.
In reply to the later questions:
-Yep, hacks can and will cause crashes. Some games might work 100%, most will not.
-So far our hacks all directly modify the EE (CPU) clock, just in different situations.
So in effect we try to reduce the EE clock when we *think* it's doing mainly useless stuff.
Lower EE clock means less to do for your pc to get to the next frame update Tongue2
(04-21-2009, 01:17 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: No it isn't. This is a hack. It might break games in interesting ways.
Well it seems that the "fake FPS" problem isn`t there when using PCSX2 with ZeroGS.
the hack is very good. On some games i get 'fake' fps. Such as king of fighters maximum impact 2 and tekken 5. It says around 60fps but it playes like 40 fps. I moved slider to maximum and all speed hacks aswell as VU skip enabled.
AMD phenom 8630 triple core 2.30
4.00 gb ram
Ati radeon 512mb 4670
Could someone upload...the version of PCSX Beta who actually has that Speed Hack...I dont know if this is illegal...but i hadn't the oportunity to got it...if this is illegal...just warn me...thank you!^^

P.S-After looking with more attention I saw that it can't happen so just ignore...
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
(04-21-2009, 08:11 PM)MI03t1 Wrote: the hack is very good. On some games i get 'fake' fps. Such as king of fighters maximum impact 2 and tekken 5. It says around 60fps but it playes like 40 fps. I moved slider to maximum and all speed hacks aswell as VU skip enabled.

although it may seem to be fake but its not. there is a significant increase in fps in games like tekken5.
I get full speed on GSdx sse2 dx10 whil having just an AMD x2 2.3GHz cpu coupled with 9500GT.

If you limit your fps then the yes the counter would show 50/60 fps full speed but the game would be running slow, so use normal/no limit.
(04-21-2009, 08:39 PM)Gwitz Wrote: Could someone upload...the version of PCSX Beta who actually has that Speed Hack...I dont know if this is illegal...but i hadn't the oportunity to got it...if this is illegal...just warn me...thank you!^^

P.S-After looking with more attention I saw that it can't happen so just ignore...

you will have to complie it yourself or ask your friend google Tongue2
Works good for me...I get a little boost in MGS3. Nothing major...
(04-21-2009, 11:32 PM)PuN1sH3R Wrote: Works good for me...I get a little boost in MGS3. Nothing major...
For me it`s a big boost (twice amount of fps in cutscenes, about 10 in the game).
Just wanted to say that this speed hack is wonderfull! Full speed GOW1 & GOW2! Keep up the great work PCSX2 team! Cheers!