New speed hack - VU Cycle Stealing
The vu cycle stealing is incredible.Tongue It increases by far the speed of both Gow games.Laugh Now you can play these games in full speed and high internal resolutions even if you don't have a powerfull computer.Cool I believe that the pcsx2 team should focus on perfecting this hack option, so that those annoying flashes that occur when the hack is selected can be finally eliminated.Rolleyes If the hack is improved in the near future, it will be an incredible improvement for the pcsx2.Happy

Sponsored links

Well now it seems that "fake FPS" problem is GSdx related. Could anyone confirm that?
(04-20-2009, 10:07 AM)Zitze16 Wrote: Is there a frame limiter because i only get 60 fps and how how can i turn the frame limiter in version 0.9.6 off?
Quote:Why would you want more? Anyway, config>cpu.

For some games that require more speed, like Grandia II, is you play at 60fps like the real PS2, the game has serious slow downs, but if you play at 90fps you don't even notice any slow down Happy
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
(04-21-2009, 12:32 AM)Prott Wrote: Well now it seems that "fake FPS" problem is GSdx related. Could anyone confirm that?

No it isn't. This is a hack. It might break games in interesting ways.
I believe that the main effort of improving pcsx2 should be focused on improving this incredible hack.Mellow Instead of intoducing new versions of pcsx2 which can play one or two more games it would be wiser to try to perfect the hack, from which many games would benefit.Happy This hack if improved will make pcsx2 playable for all pc's and not just for the high end ones.Biggrin Something must be done with these flashes that are caused when the hack is enabled.Glare
I think some of you are forgetting something very important: This is a HACK. And hacks are not part of a correct emulation behavior. That's the main reason they are called Hacks btw. So don't expect this hack to become part of the pcsx2 core. Correct emulation is by far more important than hacks, even the good ones. So focus is always about correct emulation, not hacks.

Sorry for my bad english.
I think this topic is getting out of hand.

A hack is a hack. Something we provide without support, to use entirely at your risk. Something we do not really care about, but are nice enough to make available to the general public.

That said, I think everyone will understand clearly that we do not "improve hacks".... we aim for correct emulation
(04-21-2009, 03:51 AM)Krakatos Wrote: I think this topic is getting out of hand.

A hack is a hack. Something we provide without support, to use entirely at your risk. Something we do not really care about, but are nice enough to make available to the general public.

That said, I think everyone will understand clearly that we do not "improve hacks".... we aim for correct emulation

Question. As for the side effects that you experience when using some of the hacks, is that due to the hacks programming, or due to the hacks relationship with said game?
Watercooled Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 B3 Stepping @ 2.80GHz
4 x 2GB PC2-6400 Corsair XMS2 DHX RAM
eVGA Intel GTX260 192sp
(04-21-2009, 09:07 AM)Khentix Wrote:
(04-21-2009, 03:51 AM)Krakatos Wrote: I think this topic is getting out of hand.

Question. As for the side effects that you experience when using some of the hacks, is that due to the hacks programming, or due to the hacks relationship with said game?

From crashing,freezing,infinite loop to minor graphical bugs.

And I have one question too...can INTC or/and VU stealing make the emu crash.PCSX2 crashes sometimes when I'm playing Tales of the Abyss and I'm trying to find which hack/setting makes that crash
rodiablo wrote:
But just to clear things up: this is a hack, and a dangerous one IF you abuse it. So be reasonable and don't slide the hack slider all to the right, or you will experiment weird behavior. Basicly the thing is: more to the right = more problems.

What kind of problem and danger is it?