PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
That means that it needs a render fix.

Sponsored links

(06-06-2013, 04:51 AM)Fayt756 Wrote: Anyone ever had problems with the patches cutting part of the game off?

Every game is different so you'll need to us which one it is.
I list games that need render fixes in the WIP section.
(06-06-2013, 05:20 AM)devina40 Wrote: Every game is different so you'll need to us which one it is.
I list games that need render fixes in the WIP section.

Ok and its persona 3 fes ntsc-u ill look up that wip thing in the meantime... didn't see this game listed under the wip patches on your archive only found around 4 might be looking in the wrong area though
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
(06-06-2013, 04:33 AM)devina40 Wrote: Archive updated, 674 patches now~

Does this include the KH2:FM fix?
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
(06-06-2013, 05:21 AM)Fayt756 Wrote: Ok and its persona 3 fes ntsc-u ill look up that wip thing in the meantime... didn't see this game listed under the wip patches on your archive only found around 4 might be looking in the wrong area though

Persona 3 is "cutting part of the game off"?
It shouldn't... not entirely sure what you're referring to, so you should go into detail.

(06-06-2013, 05:28 AM)Tyestor Wrote: Does this include the KH2:FM fix?
Because it's extremely minor, I'm not turning off the black bar removal for now.
In fact, software mode should get rid of the issue entirely, leading me to believe it's a fault of PCSX2 that needs improvement on, similar to how FMVs have a weird side effect with the FMV fix on in Re:Chain of Memories. Also, there might be a FMV fix for KH2 in the future which may hide it, similar to KH1.
(06-06-2013, 05:44 AM)devina40 Wrote: Persona 3 is "cutting part of the game off"?
It shouldn't... not entirely sure what you're referring to, so you should go into detail.

In fmvs the top part is cut off and in normal gameplay I cant see the month/day/moon phase and the top character portrait in battle is cut off so pretty much just the top of the screen
Can you post some pics here?
normal day without the widescreen patch
[attachment=44511]

Day with widescreen patch
[attachment=44512]

Battle without widescreen patch
[attachment=44514]

Battle with with widescreen patch
[attachment=44513]
(06-06-2013, 05:44 AM)devina40 Wrote: Persona 3 is "cutting part of the game off"?

Because it's extremely minor, I'm not turning off the black bar removal for now.
In fact, software mode should get rid of the issue entirely, leading me to believe it's a fault of PCSX2 that needs improvement on, similar to how FMVs have a weird side effect with the FMV fix on in Re:Chain of Memories. Also, there might be a FMV fix for KH2 in the future which may hide it, similar to KH1.

I'm not understanding this...there was no issue with cutscenes with the older widescreen patch. This only started happening with the new patch, the one with the fixed font. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with PCSX2 and if it is an issue with PCSX2, could someone upload the old widescreen patch where this issue mysteriously disappears?
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
(06-06-2013, 07:31 AM)Fayt756 Wrote: normal day without the widescreen patch
Day with widescreen patch
Battle without widescreen patch
Battle with with widescreen patch

Wait, aren't those all just from the opening FMV? That's perfectly normal because in the opening FMV, the anime scenes are letterboxed and whenever it shows gameplay, it switches to fullscreen. Same goes for Persona 4. There's nothing we can do about it, plus it's very trivial. The credits are cropped too. Keep playing the rest of the game and everything else is fine.

(06-06-2013, 08:41 AM)Tyestor Wrote: Pretty sure it has nothing to do with PCSX2.

Yes, it's a sign PCSX2's hardware mode still needs improvement.
It's why tons of games have glitches in hardware mode that are fixed in software mode.