PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(06-10-2013, 07:31 PM)flameofrecca Wrote: Is no else annoyed by the fact that although all these games are in widescreen, everything else, being the HUD, text, character portraits are all still stretched? I know VIRGIN_KLM made a note of it way before, and as a result managed to find the font address for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. While text doesn't seem like a big deal, stuff like character like portraits look really weird stretched, and I'm sure the original artist wouldn't want their work not being shown in its original format....
Well I found the addresses for pretty like everything but it breaks way too many stuff to the point the screen will get covered with trash textures after a point.

The only patch that I was able to do the HUD correctly with as less visual bugs as possible was Digimon Data Squad, but you are still able to see some trash on the sides like on the pause screen or while loading a fight scene.

Sponsored links

Quote:Are you sure that's the CRC...? Never seen a CRC with only numbers and no letters before. Just need to double check before I update the archive.
- I thought it was weird too, but here is a screenshot of my directory with the working file:
[Image: deka.jpg]

And one of the CRC number when loading:
[Image: deka2.jpg]

Hope that helps.
You can also get the CRC number by loading the ELF game file using the Master Code Finder tool - if you need another way to check it.
I know this is partially off-topic and I don't mean to sound obnoxious at all, but since KH2 has removable subtitles as a part of the widescreen patch would it be possible to remove the subtitles on KH1? I'd be more than happy to do it myself, I would just need to know where to start.
Alright, archive updated.

@flameofrecca:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of stretched HUD either, but there's not much we can do, unless you know assembly.
Thankfully, it's not too bad, unless the 2D is extremely important. That's why I love the Persona portrait fixes.

@raishiro:

Probably, Nemesis might be able to, and yeah, there's a lack of tutorials which irks me too.
Hey, first of all thanks for all your work on this!

Now, I was trying to enable widescreen for Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix using the .pnach obtained from the collection on page 100.

I followed the readme and all other relevant guides on how to enable to .pnach, but nothing happens even though the console says "cheats found". I also enabled widescreen on the GS Window, but that achieves the flawed stretched widescreen with the 'fat' characters.

I've tried doing fresh boots, restarting the emulator and such, but nothing seems to work. I even fiddled around with 'run as administrator'.

Here's the console log:

Quote:PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350 - compiled on Aug 1 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a080000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 6046 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 2.493 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fbae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Loading language translation databases for 'Greek' [el_GR]
pcsx2_Main not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Iconized not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
SetLanguage: Requested translation is not implemented yet.
Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M (9.18.13.2018)
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\lilypad-r5350.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\spu2-x-r5350.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9640 games on record (loaded in 211ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M (9.18.13.2018)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: C:\Users\Nikolas\Desktop\Loading Bay\KHII - Final Mix\Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.iso
Image type = DVD
Fileparts = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2114352 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\Nikolas\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\Nikolas\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: Japan v01.00(17/01/2000) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59,94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLPM_666.75;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLPM_666.75;1) Game CRC = 0xF266B00B, EntryPoint = 0x0010001C
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLPM_666.75;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
Cheats found!
comment: Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix + (NTSC-J)
Cheats Loaded: 13
Cheats found!
comment: Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix + (NTSC-J)
Cheats Loaded: 13

It seems to me that the .pnach isn't taking effect. The only widescreen I can achieved is the stretched one, not the proper one would expect from the pnach.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.
Even in-game?
My advice is upgrade to the latest SVN build:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Then put the widescreen hacks in the cheats_ws folder, not the cheats folder.
Game
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
I'm using build 5645, the newest build of PCSx2 destroys all selections and text

Issue: Widescreen is not working. The console tells me the cheat widescreen has been applied. It is sitting in my cheat_ws folder. However if I restart and turn OFF enable cheats, there is no difference. The game is still in widescreen, but it is no difference with or without the widescreen hack. I've even removed the cheat from the folder and ran a different build to see if it was the build. There is no difference between the widescreen cheat being applied or not being applied while the emulator is set to 16:9.

Thanks for your time, and I hope you can help : )
I will be trying to make my own widescreen cheat while waiting.

Below this is fixed issues. yay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue 1: fixed Go into the video plug in and click on enable HW hacks, then configure. This is where you can put in the 500, 500 TC offset and activate Wildhack

Issue 1: The UI has tons of offset lines. Eww. The minimap is near useless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZbg6xz-LkE This video shows the game running correctly and states the GSdx TC offset hack (0500-0500) fixes the minimap. I Can not for the life of me after looking for hours on these forums figure out exactly what they are talking about here. There was a wild arms hack that worked in older versions but it seems to be gone from the newer builds which support wide screen.
Sure, I'll try helping... I'm just a little confused. Wacko

What game is this?

And no, the widescreen patches need to always be in the cheats_ws folder at all times.
(06-15-2013, 11:10 PM)devina40 Wrote: Sure, I'll try helping... I'm just a little confused. Wacko

What game is this?

And no, the widescreen patches need to always be in the cheats_ws folder at all times.

Right on, I've cleaned up the post. Plus I fixed the the other issues so I can even just remove them if you want the thread a bit cleaner.

It's Dragon Quarter, NTSC-U Widescreen Hack.
Sorry for confusing you I have alot of issue with writing and english. : )

If there is anymore info I can give to help or video just let me know.