PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(07-09-2013, 06:34 PM)megafilipe Wrote: just a quick question, i've copy pasted this from the emu console, does it means the hack is working?

Found Cheats file: '9DC6EE5A.pnach'
comment: Dawn of Mana UNDUB SLUS-21574 - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (NTSC-U) (pavachan)
Loaded 1 Cheats from '9DC6EE5A.pnach'
Overall 1 Cheats loaded
Overall 0 Widescreen hacks loaded
microVU1: Program cache limit reached.

also for it to work, should i keep resolution, native or 5x native should still work?

You have placed the Widescreen pnach file in the wrong folder; it should be placed in "cheats_ws".
However it doesn't make any difference, the hack should be working.

Resolution mode doesn't make any difference,
however higher resolution can cause vertical stripes if rendering hacks aren't included.

Sponsored links

Did you put the patch into the cheats folder? If so, take it out, and put it into the cheats_ws folder instead.

answered above, nvm.
thanks for the answer guys, and i can confirm now,

its working, but it makes my fps drop, when in more crowded areas --> just fixed this, if the window is fullscreen it doesnt drop anymore
I can confirm Soul Reaver 2 NTSC-U is off.

(PAL with perfect dimensions)

[attachment=44950]

(NTSC-U is stretched vertically too much)

[attachment=44951]

The FMV fix and black border fix works fine for both regions, though.

So looking at the code...

Quote://built in widescreen
patch=1,EE,00114a70,word,3c0143c0
patch=1,EE,20240C20,word,00000001

I can find the counterpart to the first part easily in ps2dis, but if I try to find the second part, nothing shows up. (even if I replace the first digit with a 0,1, or 2)

[attachment=44952]

If I knew what to do in this situation, I'd be able to port codes a lot better (I couldn't port the render fix for the Phantasy Star games because they couldn't be found in ps2dis either).
(07-10-2013, 02:35 PM)devina40 Wrote: So looking at the code...

I can find the counterpart to the first part easily in ps2dis, but if I try to find the second part, nothing shows up. (even if I replace the first digit with a 0,1, or 2)
Widescreen in SR2 originally vert-, so on NTSC screen I see that wide is already active, but requires vert fov correction.
@devina40:
There's a feature in ps2dis that you don't seem to be aware of (please correct me if I'm wrong).
1. Launch ps2dis.
2. Load the ELF-file.
3. Jump to address 0.
4. Press the Spacebar.
5. Click on the dot-map to scroll to ffffff0 or something.
6. Click on address fffffffc.
7. Go to "File > Save as Text", and save it as "blahblah.txt".
ps2dis will now convert the whole ELF-file into a format that is nicely diplayed,
and easy to scroll\navigate through with your favorite texteditor.
The convertion can take several hours though (even with a fast CPU),
and ps2dis may become unresponsive, but just leave it until it's finished.
You ought to keep the file once you are done with it,
since the convertion as said above can take quite some time.
Hey, I'm playing the P4 Undub and...I believe the Widescreen patch is working, however...I get this weird "Zooming in and out" thing, going on...like...I turn a corner and it zooms out, then I go back and it zooms in...it's jerky and honestly gives me a headache. Also FMV subtitles appear cut-off, without the patch, it displays fine, obviously not in widescreen, but it looks better even with "Stretched"

Is that something that can't be fixed?
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
(07-10-2013, 08:07 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: Hey, I'm playing the P4 Undub and...I believe the Widescreen patch is working, however...I get this weird "Zooming in and out" thing, going on...like...I turn a corner and it zooms out, then I go back and it zooms in...it's jerky and honestly gives me a headache. Also FMV subtitles appear cut-off, without the patch, it displays fine, obviously not in widescreen, but it looks better even with "Stretched"

Is that something that can't be fixed?

Can you make a video of it/take screenshots?
Hey devina40. It appears your post here no longer has the attachment. Is there anyway you can reupload it?
Some of my own attachments have been deleted randomly as well. It must be a server/DB issue.