PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(09-19-2014, 07:51 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: Yes because problem with a textures you can notice even without render fix
[Image: rfh.jpg]

If you're talking about the black building on the right, I don't think it looks THAT bad.

Here's a suggestion: do what you did for Code Veronica and zoom in/adjust the fov so that the textures are hidden.

It won't be perfect widescreen, but it's better than nothing.

Sponsored links

(09-19-2014, 07:51 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: Yes because problem with a textures you can notice even without render fix
[Image: rfh.jpg]

Then either use the render fix and leave it as is or make something like the native FFXII widescreen that is 50% vert - and 50% real widescreen. Leave them both though incase somebody wants to use the other.

EDIT:
The problem I see here is that it loads more geometry but not more textures, maybe there is an address that is responsible for the texture loading.
Also, since it is a camera game, I believe you can zoom in and out, eh?
So if you tinker with that, you may be able to watch the geometry/textures appear/disappear in action.
And perhaps find values related to it, who knows.
Can someone kind enough to do a widescreen patch for Real Robot Regiment? Thanks in Advance.
These widescreen patches really make the emulator so much more enjoyable. I've been using emulators since my old Pentium 75 starting with the SNES, but PCSX2 is now my favorite emulator, along with the equally excellent PPSSPP. Thanks for all the work you guys have put into making these patches.
(09-18-2014, 09:38 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Seems complicated, does it have a render fix?

It's not that complicated. There are 2 conditions needed - the zoom value for gameplay and main menu/wise man screen are different. Because there are not enough free lines in the function we use code inject and put both conditions into the code inject funtion. Depending on a value (gameplay has 00000001 / main menu and wise man has 00000000) of a specific address the correct condition will be used and modifies the zoom and also the hud values.

A renderfix is not needed.

It is more a workaround until someone can provide an elf-only code.

(09-19-2014, 08:34 AM)devina40 Wrote: If you're talking about the black building on the right, I don't think it looks THAT bad.

Here's a suggestion: do what you did for Code Veronica and zoom in/adjust the fov so that the textures are hidden.

It won't be perfect widescreen, but it's better than nothing.

The patch works great. Texture issues only appear in bigger areas like the beginning of a new game. I have played the game some hours and i haven't recognized any texture issues in further levels.
Making an ver- patch is not necessary.

EDIT : Here is a patch which provides PAL50 and PAL60 widescreen support.

Michigan - Report from Hell (PAL-M4) (SLES-53073)
.pnach   DCD7104E.pnach (Size: 525 bytes / Downloads: 464)
Curse - The Eye Of Isis (PAL-M6) (SLES-51934)
.pnach   7100A15F.pnach (Size: 2,05 KB / Downloads: 268)

- updated patch from sergx12
- fixed a bug that caused the game to zoom in everytime exiting the inventory screen
- fixed inventory screen (4:3)
- fixed map screen (16:9)
- fixed documents screen (4:3)
- fixed loading screen (16:9)

Updated some older patches :

Resident Evil - Dead Aim (PAL-M5) (SLES-51448)
.pnach   F79AF536.pnach (Size: 393 bytes / Downloads: 520)
- updated to elf code

Resident Evil - Survivor 2 - Code Veronica (PAL-E) (SLES-50650)
.pnach   CD3ED649.pnach (Size: 232 bytes / Downloads: 482)
- updated to elf code

Resident Evil - Code Veronica X (PAL-M4) (SLES-50306)
.pnach   6EA9DDA9.pnach (Size: 488 bytes / Downloads: 561)
- fixed wrong fmv address

TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (PAL-M5) (SLES-54478)
.pnach   D76BF975.pnach (Size: 312 bytes / Downloads: 462)
- minor code change
Great, it's nice to see games that have been on the requests for a long time getting fixed. Smile
Requests list updated. I'll update the archive when I get my PC back (I'm typing this on a Vita).
Thank you, ElHecht.

Now I have to play Curse and Michigan: Report from Hell.
Does anyone know if they support 60hz? If not, can they be patched to force 60hz?

I also will try porting that RE: Dead Aim PAL patch to NTSC-U, since I remember that it had a glitch where switching between third person and first person would just an annoying half-second flash of the incorrect FOV.
(09-18-2014, 06:46 PM)ElHecht Wrote: Samurai Champloo - Sidetracked (NTSC-U) (SLUS-21343)

Quote:patch=1,EE,001409f4,word,3c023f8e // 3c023f8e hor fov
patch=1,EE,001409fc,word,344238e4 // 344238e4 hor fov
the same value?