PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(09-28-2016, 09:21 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: "ps2_patch_engine" not breaks .pnach for REO
REO use compressed files for storing parts of the executable code so .pnach cant be converted directly to hex code

I couldn't seem to get "pnach_converter" to convert the .pnach file directly to hex code, so I used the hex codes from the website in the link (ps2wide.net). That fixed Resident Evil Outbreak by avoiding the use of a .pnach file to apply the widescreen...........................With Crimson Sea 2, which seems to have the same problem with "pnach_converter" and the Fat PS2, there isn't a hex code alternative listed anywhere, and the program doesn't work to convert to hex codes (like you said its probably a compressed files changing the location of the patched values?).................What I'm trying instead is changing the CRC of the file name to hopefully produce different results, I'm only trying 2 versions ntsc and 2 versions pal before giving up on that method using 32bit CRC with 8 digits. (All I have to do now is transfer everything to the ps2 and test, when I finish some errans in about a hours or so)

EDIT

Tried changing the crc labels for the .pnach files and that didn't get past the black screen with Crimson Sea 2 on a Fat PS2, there's no hex codes for I could find so I can't patch manually with a hex editor and get it to work like Resident Evil Outbreak 1 + 2, it has a black screen during gameplay for ntsc and freezes with black screen when you try to get into gameplay on pal, worth a try Smile

Sponsored links

PAL

David Douillet Judo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   833D54BC.pnach (Size: 421 bytes / Downloads: 326)
Maxxed Out Racing (PAL)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=61092]

.pnach   5FDE52D2.pnach (Size: 125 bytes / Downloads: 303)
Regarding the patch for Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal(NTSC-U, SCUS-97353, CRC:45FE0CC4)

Per my testing and this thread, it seems to cause the game to randomly freeze with DMA stalls and sometimes crash with invalid DMA. I've tested this fairly thoroughly and get the issue pretty consistently on Daxx and Blackwater Cities with the WS patch and have never gotten it without.

Furthermore the WS patch seems to be only forcing the ingame WS option to on. I took some comparison screenshots and the ingame WS doesn't seem to be skewed and the result is exactly the same as having the patch enabled. However the patch modifies two addresses so I wonder if it does something else? Either way it seems there may be a problem with the patch. It needs to be looked in please!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Here's a new patch I figured out and got it to run in widescreen. Though I fixed the general FOV because it decreased when I changed the aspect for the game and that was fixed to make the screen expand in linear horizontal. Not only that, the game has codes that make the game widescreen, but there's no option in the game settings that allow it. Anyways, here it is:

Family Guy (NTSC)

On the previous post on the thread, 007 requested a code for this game.

Attached Files
.pnach   D2790A77.pnach (Size: 202 bytes / Downloads: 375)
NTSC-K & NTSC-U

Full Spectrum Warrior - Ten Hammers (request done)

-------------------------------------------------

** NTSC-K (SLKA-25368) **

Open 'Gameindex.dbf", Search 'SLKA-25368' and paste it

EETimingHack = 1 //flickery textures

.zip   Full Spectrum Warrior - Ten Hammers (NTSC-K & NTSC-U).zip (Size: 1,49 KB / Downloads: 97)
Two widescreen requests

NTSC-U:
MotoGP 3

PAL:
Rez
(09-28-2016, 07:37 PM)psalmsamuel Wrote: Been about a month or two

Resident Evil Outbreak 1 (v2.00 hex values applied to v2.00 iso)
Resident Evil Outbreak 2 (hex values applied to iso)

You have to use a hex editor like "Winhex" to apply the .pnach file manually as hex values, so you have to convert the .pnach file until you see hex values like from here "ps2wide.net/r.html", remove the spaces from the values and apply the patch manually)

"ps2_patch_engine" breaks the .pnach file for those games, that why they did not work on the FAT PS2, but I retested myself and they do work on the FAT PS2.  (Crimson Sea 2 is another game that the the pnach did not work properly with black screen for game play similar to Resident Evil Outbreaks, so I'll retest that later and just update this post) (my original reply stated the widescreen patches just didn't work for Resident Evil Outbreak on the PS2 Console, that was wrong, using OPL Build 896_DB_All + Mode 3 Only + VMC from HDD).

What makes freeze the games Resident Evil Outbreak 1&2 using the pnach patches in the PS2 are the FMV fixes, if you uncomment or delete
them inside the patch then the widescreen code works fine.

(09-29-2016, 08:26 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Maxxed Out Racing (PAL)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=61092]

Thank you, but i found long time ago the same code and not works in the PS2, only in the emulator, if i remember well this is
because is a memory code, if you can make the widescreen code in the elf for he can work also in the PS2 would be great.

Best regards.
(09-30-2016, 07:59 PM)El_Patas Wrote: What makes freeze the games Resident Evil Outbreak 1&2 using the pnach patches in the PS2 are the FMV fixes, if you uncomment or delete
them inside the patch then the widescreen code works fine.

Best regards.

I used the hex code values INSTEAD of the .pnach, so I didn't have to remove the fmv fix values. After it worked, I was surprised myself, so I didn't need the .pnach. But you are probably corrected if someone doesn't want to run around then maybe just delete the fmv fixes, as of right now both Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2 are on my Fat PS2's hdd and they work with all the fixes including the fmv fixes, patched manually using the hex codes and winhex (hex editor). (I just removed the blank spaces from the hexcodes search for them and then replaced the values for the fixes, and then to my surprise the games worked).
(09-30-2016, 03:43 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Regarding the patch for Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal(NTSC-U, SCUS-97353, CRC:45FE0CC4)

Per my testing and this thread, it seems to cause the game to randomly freeze with DMA stalls and sometimes crash with invalid DMA. I've tested this fairly thoroughly and get the issue pretty consistently on Daxx and Blackwater Cities with the WS patch and have never gotten it without.

Furthermore the WS patch seems to be only forcing the ingame WS option to on. I took some comparison screenshots and the ingame WS doesn't seem to be skewed and the result is exactly the same as having the patch enabled. However the patch modifies two addresses so I wonder if it does something else? Either way it seems there may be a problem with the patch. It needs to be looked in please!

I tested it. The in-game WS is vert-, and the patch forces the widescreen mode on, but makes it hor+. Please double check that.

Arapapa, can you please take care of Moto GP 3 (NTSC-U)?

I did Rez (PAL), so expect it in the next update.