PS3 software emulation of PS2 vs PCSX2
(03-22-2012, 10:52 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: does NO answer your question?

If you are a dev, then yes.
System Specs: Phenom II X6 2.8ghz 6 core, 4gb 2133mhz Ram, Radeon HD 5850, Sound Blaster X-FI, Windows 7 X64

Sponsored links

No, we're not that bored. There's still plenty to do for PCSX2 on PCs.
(03-23-2012, 12:16 AM)pseudonym Wrote: No, we're not that bored. There's still plenty to do for PCSX2 on PCs.

Hahaha yeah you would have to be pretty bored. I happen to be fortunate enough to own a PS3 with an EE chip anyways Laugh Though I'm starting to use PCSX2 instead for some games because I can up the resolution.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into PCSX2
System Specs: Phenom II X6 2.8ghz 6 core, 4gb 2133mhz Ram, Radeon HD 5850, Sound Blaster X-FI, Windows 7 X64
(03-23-2012, 04:09 AM)ichimitch Wrote: Though I'm starting to use PCSX2 instead for some games because I can up the resolution.

pseudonym: Lol, told ya Tongue2
Are the PS2 games that have been released so far on PSN running on an emulator like the PSOne Classics?
(04-09-2012, 05:08 AM)riku44 Wrote: Are the PS2 games that have been released so far on PSN running on an emulator like the PSOne Classics?

yes they are
Hi everyone, new to this forum but a long time invited user, now i got my brand new pc and the happiness of emulation is now mine, thx ps2 devs for this marvelous piece of code you bring us!

Well, i got a cecha00 model that meand it's the japanese 60gb fat model released 11/2006 it has full backward compatibility but saaaadly it only runs japanese psx/ps2/dvd ; but recently i own a dongle called cobra usb that let me break dat region lock and i finally compare pcsx2 emulation vs ps3 emulation (not very emulation i know) and the results are clear :

I cannot continue playing ps2 games on ps3, when i switched to pcsx2, a game like final fantasy was... how to say... incredibly awesomely improved daamn, i'll try to capture it with a good camera to show you on my screen it's really improved believe me.

Now i gotta try dat widecreen hack thing...
has anyone tried Cobra USB?

two notable features

-Integrated support to play PS2 ISO's on CECHC,CECHE, CECHA and CECHB backwards compatible consoles.
-Partial support on other PS3 consoles to play PS2 ISO's via software emulation

particularly this post in the tortuga cove forums, regarding PS2 compatibility

I noticed that the PS3 has it's own software emulator and I'm guessing that's the one you guys are trying to use. Inside the self file for the emulator they mention IDs for a couple of games, some people have mentioned before. I compiled a list of games you guys should check out to see what they do. I have no idea why these games in particular are mentioned in the self file, but maybe these are known to work somehow? Take a look:
@petran79

i see nothing after "Take a look:"

anyways...the only titleid's i've seen are about taking advantage of (an virtual/the) hdd
http://ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Emulation#PS2...package.29

also you can get the standard software emulator running...they resigned the working 2.60 one for 3.55..just replace the files if possible.
according to that page sony updated the software emulator again on 3.70 changing it to ps2_netemu for playstation2 classics from psn.
so it should have improved alot....just sony again milking its cow.
Since the next-gen Playstation isn't backwards compatible, shouldn't we start work on emulating the PS3?
Specs: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz Quad Core.
8GB DDR3 RAM.
Nvidia GeForce 560Ti