PSOne Widescreen Patches
To be fair, I don't think it would be necessary to replace the Crash 3 codes, since it's possible to maintain both. I see that the "vert -" one is better, without the annoying glitches on the sides, but the "zoom" is visible, and on this game, important "information" would be hidden, like some levels with hidden crates just behind the initial start line. I understand that most people would already know those secrets, but for someone playing for the first time, those small visual cues are lost on the cut scenery (but sure, the game was meant to be played in 4:3, and if someone insists on playing in 16:9 vert -, it's their own fault XD).

I made a small video showing the effects of this hack, which besides my small complaint, I have to say it works perfectly. The cutscenes are broken on this video because I 'm using the CPU overclock option of PCSXR-PGXP at x1.25, because PGXP itself makes the game run slightly slower, but the constant 30 FPS of this game actually wasn't meant to happen, with some scenes running just accordingly to what the PSX's CPU was capable, even at slower framerates (Naughty Dog was king at PlayStation development, I just realized Crash has soft shadows as well XD):

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, 1280x720@30, PCSXR-PGXP, Vert - widescreen cheat

Sponsored links

well, the vert- was a quick workaround until I found a render fix. my first render fix is probably gonna crash when too much is onscreen
(06-05-2017, 09:47 PM)gamemasterplc Wrote: well, the vert- was a quick workaround until I found a render fix. my first render fix is probably gonna crash when too much is onscreen

Well, if it's actually possible to force the game to render stuff where it wasn't supposed to, than I'll look forward to it!

EDIT: Here's another Ultrawide video, with Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon, using @gamemasterplc's cheat with PCSXR-PGXP's widescreen hack:

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (NTSC-U, v1.1)

I had to disable PGXP with this one, because it makes the game very slow, even when not recording (in my potato PC XD). The "normal" widescreen or ultrawide looks good with this game, since during gameplay, it doesn't cull much of the scenery, except for some baskets and gems. Cutscenes will have whole areas showing the game's "hell" XD.
Crash Bandicoot 1 Widescreen GameShark Code:
80042C2E 2408
80042C2C 0C00
80042C3C 0C00
80042C3E 240C
Vert-
holy! Blink I will test this code on original ps1 hardware...

edit: tested. doesn't work with pal version. Sad Is this for the us? Can someone find out for the pal version?
yes, its for the NTSC version. just forgot to specify region.
thanks. It would be great to have the pal codes. Smile
I really like what's going on here. This is so exciting to keep pushing and pushing how much you can get from an old piece of software/hardware. I wonder if 60FPS codes would be possible. Also PGXP+XBRZ compliments alot these hacks.
(06-02-2017, 06:33 PM)gamemasterplc Wrote: Widescreen GameShark Code Spyro Year of The Dragon (1.1) NTSC-U:
D004F74C 3A94
8004F74A A5DB
D004F74C 3A94
8001E698 0C00
D004F74C 3A94
8001E69A 241B

I think there's a problem with this code. And it's in gameplay. When you're on skateboard and jump of a ramp, Spyro rotates horizontaly, not on the angle like he is supposed to turn. (Also turning speed is smaller but it can be just a optical illusion). Can someone tell me is this only me or what?
(06-08-2017, 04:31 AM)gamemasterplc Wrote: Crash Bandicoot 1 Widescreen GameShark Code:
80042C2E 2408
80042C2C 0C00
80042C3C 0C00
80042C3E 240C
Vert-

Tested with US Version. This is (again?) only zoomed in mode and not really 16:9 Sad Thanks for your work but it would be great to have only true 16:9 codes posted here. Smile