Reset and execute is not working
I'm not 100% sure but I think this was working before.Now when I press Esc=>Reset=>Execute the PS2 bios shows and send me to the Browser where the MC's and the disk is and when I press X on the disk,the screen goes black for 2-3 seconds and I'm again at the Browser.

I think this was working before because I use this method to make skip video patch and try it without saving it(Reset=>Run CD\DVD remove any cheat that I didn't save but not Run=>Execute)

Sponsored links

It's working here ><
It happens to me. I'm not sure but if I remember well it occurs when playing games that are not of my region.

I mean I use my own bios file from my french pal ps2 and with US NTSC games it works when I use File->Run but nto with reset followed by execute.
(05-31-2009, 02:10 PM)Calint Wrote: It happens to me. I'm not sure but if I remember well it occurs when playing games that are not of my region.

I mean I use my own bios file from my french pal ps2 and with US NTSC games it works when I use File->Run but nto with reset followed by execute.

Hmm,yes that's the problem.
indeed, you can only bios boot providing your bios is the same region as the game, that was how the ps2 did region protection Tongue2
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

which explains why using a cheat divice that didn't open/run the bios would allow imports to work..
Could he use the swapmagic stuff I keep hearing about? Though I've heard that tool has questionable legality.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
swapmagic is only for the actual PS2, it won't work on emulation. the questionable legality is well-founded, it runs ANY ps2-format dvd (including pirated stuff) so I can see some concern with it. PCSX2 does not hae any real limits on the cDVDs though, so there's no use for it here